Denico Autry to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know top fifteen and an SECCG appearance isn't as good as we want, but is it really a bad season?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If our recruiting class is top ten, then it's a pretty negligible difference with anything other than the top two, if the past bears out. Otherwise, if we haven't already had a bunch of kids jump ship, I don't see why anything other than the typical loss/gain of a few recruits is upcoming.

Like I said, I'm not concerned with getting some good players this recruiting class. I'm concerned we have a baseball player coaching our secondary, a consistent failure coaching our OL (who should get the boot for simply trying to get a lateral position at another school) and a general cluster[uck fay] of a running game.

Quite frankly, I see this playing out as well as possible for us in that we get good players for the next, hopefully, competent coach.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

When you throw in that we led for Cordarelle Patterson for a good while and all of a sudden he's leaning away... 2012 recruiting appears to be progressing the same way the 2011 season did.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You're right It was average when you really take everything into account. It also became pretty obvious that the progress made after the 2005 turnover had a definite ceiling which we'd reached.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I don't address your distinctions because you're a piece of trash and a buffoon. You might notice that you're the only one here I'm attempting to "bully." That's because I don't have even a modicum of respect for you or anything you have to say. I had hoped your pal Pearl being relegated to selling patio furniture would have been enough to send your stupid ass back to Milwaukee. I guess that was too much to hope for.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The same ones that say our class couldn't survive a coaching change are the first ones to give Dooley all the credit for the recruiting class after Kiffin left.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was for some reason thinking 2008 season instead of 2007. It was still mediocre and a season that if you paid attention let you know Phil's days were numbered.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The "we didn't want Jacobs" argument makes one look silly to me. Of course we wanted him. He's been committed since July, and he's better than the vast majority of what we have on the line even if he isn't John henderson reincarnate. It puts a shitload if pressure on them to replace Jacobs with McCullers.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

By 2000 standards it was an awesome season, but yeah, I see your point.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who gives a damn if I have the respect of a worthless piece of shit like you?

And, as usual, you add nothing to this conversation except self-righteous smartass responses. Grown people are having a detailed discussion and you think you are clever by throwing in your pathetic little jabs.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

My point still stands though. Even with the fact that we've just experienced historic back to back losing seasons as hatvol pointed out, this staff is still getting kids to come here and play.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree 100 percent. The kid must not be too smart either since the two guys he was considering playing for were Dooley and Muschamp.

13. hatvol96

The sad thing is that they aren't remotely smart enough to realize the inconsistency.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

sjt18 can suck my hairy ball sack. That guy is an aloof [Penis] that really thinks he knows everything. I wouldn't urinate on him if he was on fire. /end rant.

Now, to the DT topic. By all accounts, Hood is a really good guy. I am proud of the type of person that he has turned into. Having said that, being a good fella doesn't make one entitled to play the game. Hood is not a good player in the SEC. He's not serviceable. He's a warm body to plug into a spot. He's there because you have to have 11 on the field. The guy would be a great pitchman for either a rollerskate company or IHOP. Most of the time he looked like he was on roller skates going backwards. The end result was a pancake block on him.

Nothing personal toward Mr.Hood. He's come a long way in his personal life and should be respected for that. That will be of more value to him than football ever will be.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but sugar coating shit has contributed to our situation as a program. Just because someone has overcome adversity (of which he has my utmost respect for) doesn't automatically make them a player that can contribute on an SEC team. Losing out on a real DT's hurts. Acting like our current overall roster at DT is 'serviceable' and all is well, is just ignoring a huge problem. Ignoring problems are what has led us to the state our program is in todsy.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Unless you are throwing out 8 man 2 deeps that look like LSU or Bama, I'm not sure it is ever a bad thing to add another serviceable body in the DT rotation.

16. CardinalVol

Totally unrelated to this, but watching Dan Wolken take Griff to task on twitter over Stokes is quite entertaining.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm sure I've heard somewhere and forgotten, but what great personal adversity did Hood overcome?

18. hatvol96

I don't have to "think" anything. I know you're just another halfwit transplant who doesn't have the first clue what the [uck fay] they're talking about. A far as being a grownup, you're stupid enough to have fallen for Bruce Pearl's act and now have chosen to carry water for the worst SEC coach since Rod Dowhower. That indicates some very mature thought. Do me a favor and jump on the Dave Serrano bandwagon. That way, I can be assured that mental deficient won't be in Knoxville for long.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I guess they'll go back at the kid that committed to Boise St. and tell him they were just kidding and that he was actually the top lineman on their board.

20. CardinalVol

Heresy you speak!