Tennessee Wraith Chasers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Oct 6, 2014.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Any definition of eternal damnation that isn't death is absolutely contrary to a God who 'is love'. If there was an actual place of eternal fire, torment, etc. it would indicate that (most) humans have a greater ability to love than their creator. All my opinion, of course, and I'm agnostic so there is no faith at work here that might assist in perception, etc.

ETA: Did not intend to sidetrack the thread. I saw the post and forgot the topic at hand.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

not me, brother. i'm not going into a cave.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is 8th Maxim. It's what we do.

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

5. JayVols

That area looks awfully 'Squatchy.....

6. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

so one must, at least in some part, participate in the gaining of one's own salvation?

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

only a fool, blinded by science, would try to argue otherwise.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This thread reminds me of an old question...

You're home alone. You hear a fart.

Do you laugh? Or are you scared?

9. JayVols

Nooooooo......

We should be able to do whatever we want and still feel entitled....

You don't believe. That's cool. I'm not shoving my beliefs on you. Please afford me the same courtesy of not trying shove your unbelief on me. Thanks in advance.

10. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

my apologies, jay

everything i say may be wrong

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

HAHAHA-- now show some connection between these ghostbuster rejects' toys and something not mundane.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

That hurts. If this is the only life I got, I always have everything to lose-- unlike someone who believes in an afterlife.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I struggle with what al Hell encompasses. Whether it's fire, brimstone, both of neither; I really don't know. In my heart of hearts I feel like whatever it may be, I've missed it with the preparations I've made. To me, a man that's failed in life more than he's ever gotten right, the worst thoughts on Hell has nothing to do with a fire. It's an eternity away from the One entity in my life that has truly been the only stable force my whole life. I've said it here before but I think it bears repeating... I'm not religious. I attend church regularly, but I despise religion. My relationship is ultimately what I want remembered, and what I believe ultimately will take me "home." I don't know other than a few scriptures what to expect that "home" to fully be either. But I know it's not an eternity away from God. No matter the alternative, that's my goal.

To me, my faith is what I will cling to. Even when there are things I don't understand nor that I can fully wrap my head around. Some may say that makes me a simpleton, or someone that is ignorant. Both of which I will attest to, and I'm sure many here would too. All I know is what I've felt in my own life.

14. JayVols

It's always gonna be something with you, isn't it???

15. JayVols

I'm not talented enough to express my personal experiences.

16. JayVols

You're my favorite Godless heathen, IP.

Never forget that or that God still loves you, my friend.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I pray for brother IP.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That's great.

Best: When IP prays for you.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Just don't cross the streams.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

In a world of uncertainty, you can count on that.