Tennessee Wraith Chasers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Oct 6, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

http://www.tennesseewraithchasers.com

Do you any of you know these guys?

TWC has a television show on Destination Channel named Ghost Asylum.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have some shows DVR'd. Haven't watched yet though.

3. OrangeEmpire

Me too

Watched the first one last night

The show follows the same formula of Mt Monsters

The founder of the group is jacked and wears tight shirts

4. JayVols

Any good?

5. OrangeEmpire

You can tell the cast and crew are trying to figure out their roles.

I'm hoping it gets better.

6. JayVols

Sounds kinda like UT football.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What are these shows? Are they semi-scripted "real life" shows or are they actually out looking for ghosts?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you think these guys are true believers, or just charlatans? I have a hard time understanding how adults can think they're seeing ghosts.

9. OrangeEmpire

I think it's a good mix of both.

Mountain Monsters is about finding mythical creatures of Appalachia and it's down right hilarious.

10. OrangeEmpire

Both

I'll admit it, I'm apart of ghost hunting clubs. I do it for sheer fun and I like the background of a particular place. I prefer finding a logical answer to what people think are ghosts. I'm usually the token skeptic.

When I was back in Kentucky the guys got two nights at Bob Mackey's Musuc a World and that was one of the few times I was like wtf.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What happened?

12. OrangeEmpire

We got evps

I'm usually in the camp of your gonna hear what you want to hear but a few things were clear as day.

The "portal" that the place is known for got us nothing.

We got stuff in the main bar area.

I'll try and post what we got.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've seen a white lady.

I understand all the ifs ands and buts, but the reality is, I saw what appeared to be a woman on a back road between two bean fields, in a white dress, that I described to my dad on the phone as "prom like," with what looked like running mascara, and no eye reflection when I hit her with head lights. And it straight freaked me out.

And a few hours later, some kid took a header into an oak tree on that road, while driving his 4 wheeler a bit too fast.

So yea, female jogger, or someone got in a fight on the way to prom. And kids have wrecks on 4 wheelers.

Still a lot of coincidences.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Headlights in the country makes me see all sorts of crazy things. I believe you think you saw a lady, I equally believe there was no lady.

I once thought I saw a giant skinny man walk across the road in front of me coming home from Luttrell, Tennessee in high school. I stopped the car, then reversed, then stopped in the spot. Was the way the tree shadows played off my lights, coupled with the motion. I could reproduce the effect to a small degree (enough to satisfy myself and my passenger, who hadn't noticed it the first time and thought I was hallucinating). Our brains are powerful things that can fill in all sorts of information.

What is an EVPS?

15. fl0at_

This one was on the road, coming at me, and I watched it for about a quarter of a mile. Would have had to have been a hell of a tree shadow. Especially with the moon behind me.

Maybe it was swamp gas.

It was what it was. A really weird situation with a woman out, either for a late night jog, or that got ditched for some dress up date and was walking home. And on the correct side of the road (it is one lane, but she was on the right side, and you always run/walk toward traffic).

16. fl0at_

Which boils down to, a weird sighting (what triggered me was the way she moved) with a lady in white, that resulted in a death a few hours later.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why didn't you stop?

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Would you stop for a ghost woman in the middle of the night?

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

stories like these are why i never leave home without my proton pack.

20. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i would, if she was a 8/10 or better.