Iran Nuclear Deal Reached

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Jul 14, 2015.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

444 days were painful as well.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well then I apologize. That's not the way it was explained this morning on CNBC.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Nothing like helping them fund their nuclear research with oil money.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Remember back in 2008 when they were 2 years away from nuclear weapons. They seem to be hellbent on embarrassing the Intelligence community.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Well, the market being flooded may very well be what he was after. After all, Iran is looking to double its exports now (more money on top of the aid we're to provide). Either way, it seems that US companies are at a disadvantage which is shitty.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You talk like you have more than the remotest of clues about where the program is or that you've forgotten that the info you get is from politicians grandstanding.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is probably a war crime. But you know, Israel can do no wrong.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

All I know is the constant refrain was that they were 2 years away for most of the past 7 years.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We also did a cyber attack that destroy their work

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I disagree. There have been specific, targeted intelligence efforts to slow their development: from faulty hardware secretly planted in their black market supply chain to cyber attacks.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No he talks about how sanctions were completely ineffective, so he can celebrate this grand accomplishment, yet in the same breath says those useless sanctions will serve as the deterrent for Iran to behave. Either the sanctions worked or they didn't. He can't have it both ways.

14. Beechervol

Eh. We want to be detached.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  15. Beechervol

That probably would change the forecasted time frame somewhat.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Among others - and we still don't know how far along they are.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

probably shouldn't worry about it anyway, what's the big deal?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm not. I don't really care that the Israelis are concerned. I'm also fine with letting them handle business.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

He can, actually. I just explained how. It is like spanking a child. The spanking doesn't actually prevent them from dropping f-bombs or whatever, but it is a deterrent.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If they still drop the bombs then it didn't deter them. So that being my grand backup plan when I try something different is idiotic.