Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 27, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I see it all the time. We are FCS and ranked #1 right now in football and have been to two straight tourneys in basketball (playing fairly well on national TV against 1 seeds). It attracts students when they hear things like that. Whatever it takes to get positive name recognition.

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Does he not realize the benefits a Nick Saban investment has brought to Alabama? I mean, how much money in reserve do they have down there? I'd think that investment would be a good thing for the university and academic side of things as well.

I assume he doesn't give a shit who is hired in basketball or I'd like his thoughts on Donnie Tyndall.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He's a piece of shit criminal.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I'm by no means an insider but I'm not sure how fair it is lay everything that happened at Pilot at the feet of Big Jim. That's Jimmy's deal right?

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Who,are these short sighted 40% and why do they not care about winning? If they're big time players, they have to care about competition.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Unless he's deteriorated rapidly since the last time I saw him/chatted with him, he's still sharp as a tack.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Not too sharp if he stopped the Gruden hire.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then explain his lack of Gruden Fever.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes, he is. He is one of the largest (maybe the largest) monetary supporter and holds large sway over whatever area of the school he chooses, including sports.

He is also the father of the governor, who by position is chairman of the board of trustees with presumably aspirations for other political office. I think the answers to a lot of the questions in this thread can be divined from the second sentence.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I meant with Pilot and the criminal stuff. I meant to imply that I'm not sure he's involved enough with operations to be considered complicit in all of that.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

#GoChants

How much do you figure FGCU's applications went up when they made their Sweet Sixteen run?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I know George Mason promoted the hell out of their Final Four run ten years or so ago.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Football was the reason UT was the only school I applied to.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I love everything about the campus, except my first experience with an icy sidewalk

15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I do not claim to know shit unless it happened to be under Coach Majors watch during the day. Your overall assessment regarding the continuing exposure of Jones' incompetence is dead on in my opinion.

16. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Not sure I can do this Jon Gruden stuff again...

But, I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm sure I'll be here if the **** sucker gets the boot.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think that absent a group stroking very big checks, a complete overhaul of UTK and UTAD, Butch winning 3 games, off-the-field issues, Gruden or Kelly begging for the job and willing to cow-tow to the old guard, or some combination of those highly unexpected events, there is 0.5% chance of his not being here in 2016.

So, just sit in your shit, and like it.

18. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

TennD, how tied in are you on this because I've always loved the idea of this but laughed at the rumor.

If this has merit, holy crap.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look up the interview, and realize everyone laughing at that rumor were wrong. It's from the horse's mouth.

20. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Wow. That would be pretty damn awesome