Jon Gruden

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 27, 2015.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I'm pretty sure Jones's percentage of winning the Oklahoma game were higher -- at 97% or something similar -- during the 4th quarter. If Jones has a gift, it's bringing out the miraculous in situations.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Jim Lahey, a gentleman and scholar.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

still cracks me up

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

does he ride with Tenacious D n 'em.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Have a Grud'n.

That whole thing was just beautifully done.

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

NEVER underestimate Lyle's ineptitude. He's got two wins so far. IF he screws up and loses to Arkansas this week which is a very distinct possibility here's how the rest of the schedule shakes out in this disaster mode season. I actually believe he will lose to Arkansas. They aren't as bad as people think. Yes, Texas Tech stepped on their throat but it was revenge for them and they damn near beat and should have beat Baylor. Arkansas blew it but should have beat a good A&M team last week. Here's my revised Crystal Ball now that this season is in progress and I've saw that Butch sucks even more than I ever dreamed he could:

Arkansas 27 Vols 17 (2-3)
    Georgia 42 Vols 24 (2-4)
    Alabama 34 Vols 20 (2-5)
    Kentucky 27 Vols 24 (2-6)
    South Carolina 21 Vols 19 (2-7)
    Vols 48 North Texas 20 (3-7)
    Missouri 28 Vols 21 (3-8)
    Tennessee 20 Vandy 14 (4-8)

If that plays out - even a loss to Arkansas followed by ass kicking's by Georgia and Bama back to back I don't know if beating Kentucky and South Carolina to limp to 6-6 would be enough to save him. A loss to Arkansas this week and he may throw himself off of a bridge. You can tell weak minded people and he's a weak minded person. If it all starts crumbling around him he will absolutely not be able to take it. A loss this week IMO almost guarantees the moron will be gone. But that's just my opinion.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I believe our only hope this weekend to get a win is for Lyle and DeBord to get some kind of food poisoning that puts them in the hospital.

I am as confident this weekend as I was last weekend that we lose, and if we do, Monday will be a very, very interesting day.

Damn I am tired of feeling this way.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We are stuck with him.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If he doesn't take another job, he's back next year coaching. I don't think he will be able to handle the pressure but it's going to be an interesting stretch.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He may be pursuing jobs right now

11. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

There's no way in hell this team finishes 4-8. I hate Butch and want him gone just like the rest of you but 5-7 is the floor and 8-4 is the ceiling. 7-5 is probably the most likely.

12. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm thinking 6-6 at best, 5-7 at worst.

14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I believe if that happened it would be the first time we have ever lost 8 games, letting Ohio State win the award of the ONLY team to have never lost 8 games.

Because of that possibility, I am quite sure now that it will happen.

15. NorrisAlan

This. There is no way in hell this team with Lyle at the helm wins 8 games this year.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Rumors or just gut feeling?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is there any indication that he's pursuing other jobs? I feel like his ego keeps him here for as long as he is allowed to be here.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He doesn't seem like a brawler to me. I don't think his ego will be able to handle the heat

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I agree. Think he'd tell you he's a brawler,but never been in a fight in his life...unless you count all the times he was shoved into his locker, in which case he's 0-50 in fights.

20. NorrisAlan

I don't wish ill for the man, in all honesty, but this is my reading as well. There are a lot of signs in his reactions and body language that tells me he is prone to anxiety and cannot handle criticism. For his health and ours, I hope he does move on, because I genuinely fear for his health.