Butch Jones Monday Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What the heck does time have to do with going for two? You still go for two to make it 14. You've got to be kidding

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

He's nothing but Butch's scapegoat in all of this. Nothing more but to deflect heat off of the real problem IMHO

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We are playing our biggest rival 11 years ago. They get the opening kickoff. We stop the return at the 20. They then proceed to drive 80 yards in about 6 plays, all on the ground. I made ONE change after that drive. They didn't cross their own 40 the rest of the game. We won by 4 TDs.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Did they watch it at the HH Greg with Sab? Might explain things.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Way to start xing front four two and three units with the linebacker.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Good coaches have a plan and stick to that plan. Wavering in the face of newly arising situations is a sign of weakness.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If there's less time then there's a greater chance that your opponent scores twice. Duh.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I first thought the nose bleeding could have been Sab. But then I realized sab only hits his father.

And other areas would be bleeding if he ever met Botch.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like there's only so much of that you can do in a day. At some point, you're unproductive and wasting time. 17 hours far exceeds that point. I'd be money it's a totally bullshit number.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If you don't believe this staff watched 17 hours of film, then you don't believe Butch personally ran 5 hours of analytics on a goal line FG. Which we know is true because Lyle said so.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dude. Lyle wouldn't lie about anything, and especially about football.

13. InVolNerable

I agree. Just pointing out that a lack of willingness to accept responsibility for poor decisions seems to be a trait of entire staff possesses.

14. JayVols

Wing T team. We to a double-eagle 50 look with 4-4 personnel. Had a quick but strong LB go to nose. Both tackles played 3 techniques. I also brought my OLBs in. They were playing about 2X3 instead of a usual 3X3 or 4X4 depending on what we were playing. They couldn't get their guards out. Looked similar to a 5-3 look.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

just acting like they'd do it that way again is idiotic.

The lone factor being the clock, rather than UF's lack of quick strike ability. He's also the same idiot that stayed in no huddle mode against OU as he tried to button the offense into a lapel pocket. Same crap at UF.

16. JayVols

I'm weaker than a popcorn fart then. I'm not going to get my pride hurt worse getting curb-stomped. I'd rather adapt.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

adapting is a tacit admission of defeat, which is way worse than losing on the scoreboard.

Butch wins every week in taking an approach, albeit poor ones, and sticking to it longer than everyone else. Dude is flat out a winner. It's a bit of the moral blowout thing that KPT referenced last season.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  18. JayVols

It proves the gross insecurity of this staff. I'm telling you, Butch IS Stuart Smalley trying to talk himself into believing he is a good coach.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Listening to his press conference that's live now, he just brought up the fact that they won a couple of championships at Cincinnati. Good God.

20. InVolNerable

I wish someone would ask him what his BCS Bowl game record is since the Big East winner had an automatic tie-in at the time.

He split championships and lost the tie breaker both times. Man, that sure is a surprise.