Butch Jones Monday Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Kevin Nash duh.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You can watch all the film you want. If you don't know what you're looking at, or willing to make changes to what you see... all you're doing is stealing money from the University by wasting everyone's time and bandwidth.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Breaking down film is one of my least favorite things to do. There's no way in hell I could do 17 hours of it in a day.

I

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I pulled a solid 8 in one day this week. Of course it's not my favorite either, although I do enjoy watching film.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That sounds pretty damn bad too. I understand wanting to find an edge but I think we over do it a lot of time.

I never understood wasting a day of practice just to show film either. Show them a few things and get out on the field getting better. I'd say about 80 percent aren't paying attention anyways.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That second part is exactly correct.

My film days go from breaking down as much as I can on the previous game film. Being in charge of two units eats up time there. But most of my time goes into opponent preparation and tendencies. It's just something I have habitually done and stay with it. I give a folder to our guy in the booth and it just helps hearing in the headset what to expect at a given time. Although I know it, deep down I know I would make it fine without it, yet I'm too stubborn to change and not do it that way.

Call me Butch.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I always enjoyed it, but my wife claims I'm OCD

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My wife asks why I have to rewind each play 14,000 times.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The new 30 minute contact rule sucks the most

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I always enjoyed watching the next opponent's film more than previous game.

Except the Memphis Melrose big play edit. That was the first one we watched on them. Made me think we were getting beat 77-0.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That and everyone is concussed now.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

See you watch film and do something with it, Butch watches film and the word critical bounces of the walls of his mind while none of it registers.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Really? I love it. Especially now that it's so much easier with hudl.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And every amount of food he could ever want, drinks and everything else imaginable are at his fingertips during their meetings. I would waste 17 hours in there too.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We had hudl issues last friday night and I thought my world was going to end.

Hudl has made life much, much easier.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/football/mike-debord-says-decision-was-based-on-time_59855449

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Excuses excuses. Last time he had to worry about an extra point or going for two, kickers were changing shoes.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Breaking down my opponent's film to find their tendencies was one of my strong suits as a coach.

I was also decent at in-game adjustments. Watching a lot of film helped in both those areas.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wouldn't be necessary if you had a good scheme going into the game. IMHO TFIW IYAM