Butch Jones Monday Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would argue a primetime home game against a ranked OOC opponent would be it, or the CBS game of the week against an opponent you haven't beaten in 10 years.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he's probably stealing stuff from you

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I read it wrong. I read it as win, not game.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is definitely his biggest win

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

See, I never understood that anyway. I know he holds a bunch of co- this and partial that, but when he was coaching in the big east, the champion went to the BCS with preference to the Orange Bowl. Butch? Liberty and Belk. Now he's touting some bowl championship that ends in .com.

I'm not sure he knows what championship means.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"We won the last game of the year, folks, over a tough top-20 all time school (in academics) and are now Tennessee SEC Champions."

7. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

My question:

Lyle, you speak about being "one play away" on each of the teams two losses on the season. Yet three of your rare SEC wins came from three plays: Marquez North's catch against South Carolina in 2013, Derek Barnett's non unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in 2014 and Cam Sutton's punt return against Vanderbilt in 2014. Does this mean that you're even worse than your record indicates?

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Biggest game? No way. Biggest postseason win? You could make that argument. I'd put the Gator ahead of his big win in the Liberty Bowl in 2011.

Friggin expectations, who needs em?

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This is spot on.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Did he really?

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Someone please tell me if this one is true or not. The fact that I'm inclined to think it is tells everything you need to know about Jones.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Nah. But im sure he thought it.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That reminds me of the reporter who asked Calipari what it was like going to his first Final Four (His two previous ones at UMass and Memphis had been vacated).

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Okay. Honestly, I can usually tell when you're being funny but I could seriously believe that.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Nope. Led by and won by 14 in 2003.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Where can I buy some of that Lyle Jones Turd Polishâ„¢?