Butch Jones Monday Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

With limited personnel, you must be able to adapt. You know I was a base 4-4 guy. I could adjust to anything, 2 TE wishbone all the way to 5 wide empty sets, with the players I had on the field.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's not give the impression that he is actually even using analytics. Analytics support the riverboat gambler mentality.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He can't leave soon enough.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

sometimes. They almost never support the kitten.

17 hours of analytics meant for the entire season and was a cumulative view of the entire staff's hours. DeBord hasn't been awake for 17 hours in the past week.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Really reaching for something with that quote.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gee, congrats on not making the SEC championship game then, Butch?

Btw, what the **** is a "bowl championship?"

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What a totally meaningless piece of info designed to make him seem like he's accomplished something. I'd bet four hours were dedicated to him finding that bit of info to present. Probably while film was playing in the background, so he counted it as film study.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So, we've won several bowls since 97. It just so happens that many of those teams played in the SEC title game.

But those bowl wins don't matter. His bowl win - now that was something unique. Because it was a positive stamp on a shitty season?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

where does this idiot even come up with silliness like this? It's just stupid. The standard at UT is about SEC title games, national relevance and wins over good to great football teams. Nobody gives a rat's ass about bowl games sponsored by Chili mac makers, wins over mid conference standings schlubs from middle America and we give less than a rat's ass about how much study our coach does or how he came to his indefensible decisions. Win meaningful football games or go away. Take the money you stole from UT and get the hell out. Don't pass Go, don't collect $200. Just GTFO.

Cameltoes likes this.
  11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

[​IMG]

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The amount of time spent studying is totally irrelevant. I tell students that all the time. It's results that are measured. Study smarter.

13. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

We played in the 97 Sec Championship game and got smoked by Nebraska in the bowl game. He mean 96 season where we beat Northwestern in the bowl game?

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

97 bowl game, jan 1 of 97 I think.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Does it matter?

16. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

LOL. No, but figured if the jackass was going to spend time searching for worthless stats in an attempt to distract from the terrible job he is doing that he could at least get the stats right. I have no idea what he was trying to imply with this stat though.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wow. We're pretty much right back in the Peyton Manning era. Great job, Butch!

18. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I wish I knew. Who even keeps stats on something like that? That must go under the five hours of analytics study time.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My question reading this: So?

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently he believes that is a feather in his cap. Don't know why he believes that.