The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Shane finds a loophole in his "match" with Taker where he can name a substitute. Cue Cena and you have your big Mania matchup.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, they did build it as Ambrose V Lesnar for the whole buildup to Fastlane. It was dumb how they went through with it at the PPV though

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I do not understand the reasoning of forcing fans to root against the Undertaker in his last match.

That said, if there is "loophole" in the angle that allows Shane to find a substitute to wrestle on his behalf, Id not go with Cena. Fans are going to boo Cena and cheer for Taker, cheering for Vince and against Shane.

But, imagine if, for one night only...one last match...Shane is persuaded to relinquish his spot in the cage to Daniel Bryan. Retirement vs Retirement. Legacy vs Legacy. Two careers end at Wrestlemania. And Bryan gets his chance to finish his underdog career by removing Vince, Stephanie, and Hunter from power...the trio who worked so hard to hold him down, he now has the opportunity to finish them off on his way out.

4. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I like your thinking but from all accounts I've read Bryan really is done for good. Him having seizures they were keeping from the WWE medical staff is pretty frightening stuff. I literally don't think the guy can take any type of serious bump without huge legal ramifications. And at a Hell in the Cell........no way.

And about the Cena thing I get where you are coming from. I was just saying what I figured they'd do - logic be damned. No one is going to get cheered over Taker more than likely anyway so they've already made this a head scratcher if Shane is supposed to be a face.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Undertaker tells Vince no, he's riding with Shane. Vince picks... Braun Strowman

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Had Brock not already rag dolled Strowman, there might still be a little mystique with the guy.

As it is, he's just the biggest dude in a jobber faction. He's a modern Warlord. Or Kurgan.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Something tells me just when we all think Vince has buried The Wyatts, we'll look up and Bray will be the champ and Harper and Rowan will have the tag belts.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

NXT Takeover was great last night

9. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

.....that show was everything I hoped it could be.

Nakamura, balor and joe, .....Bobby f'n Roode.

I bet James Storm feels dumb as hell.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let them bleed

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The Nakamura Zayn match was the best match in a WWE ring since Punk and Cena at MitB.

Nakamura should just skip NXT and be inserted into the IC feud right now.

Nakamura, Zayn, and Owens can all be the next Bryan with the mainstream crowd

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm rewatching and the forearm volleys were just perfect

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And Kota Ibushi!

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They beat the piss out of each other

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Alright, it's time. Don't suck.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought it was pretty bad outside the ladder match and the women's match

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hopefully Cesaro comes back and starts uppercutting everyone

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Followed BRs report. Didn't sound very impressive.

Why job the Wyatts?

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I give it a B. Overall, was decent. Nothing ground breaking or out of the ordinary.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Zack Ryder winning was nice and surprising, but as someone noted elsewhere on the net, it was about 4 years too late. Corbin in the Battle Royal was pretty cool. Otherwise it was mostly meh. Shane is crazy as **** though