Anti-LGBT/Religious Freedom Laws

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

As if Mississippi ever gave a crap about science.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Probably because one is typically harmful while the other is a human?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, but those chromosomal issues happen, like, almost never, so they don't matter.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

But in responding to that, you made a much broader point with which I took issue.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What about a parasitic twin?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This would be equivalent if someone were arguing to ban all genders.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

They are taking a life. Arguing at what stage something "human" is nonsense to me given that they'll meet that criteria given the proper amount of time.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Unlike Kuato, I assume parasitic twins are never viable, nor do they ever fully develop?

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

What is it that you took issue with?

10. Tar Volon

The implication that you shouldn't have sex unless you are (financially, emotionally, whatever) prepared to support a child.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm not really familiar with a parasitic twin. What are you asking?

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not trying to offend but while sex is pleasurable it's also the means for creation. There's an inherited risk there.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just giving you shit. That's where you have conjoined twins and one of them is dependent on the other for some organs or functions. It's a less formed member of a pair. Often it is not a human being by my definition, but I am wondering how you would classify it. It varies a lot from case to case. Sometimes it is a lump of tissues and organs, sometimes it is in fact a human being capable of speech and such. Look it up sometime, interesting stuff.

14. Tar Volon

If what you meant to say was that you shouldn't have sex if you aren't willing to deal with the consequences (either carry the child and put it up for adoption, or try to raise the child despite being unprepared), then I would agree. I took you to be saying something stronger than that, and I'd disagree there.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

What if one or both parties are unable to conceive? Then would it be okay? Is homosexual sex not really sex? Is oral sex not really sex?

I know, semantics and shit. I'm accused of being black and white though, so I'm asking about the grey.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depends. Some parasitic twins are fully functioning in terms of personhood. Some are just a big mole with hair and teeth.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'll have to check it out. I've heard of it before but haven't really read on the topic.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

[​IMG]

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I must have worded it poorly then because your first sentence aligns more with my thoughts.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yes, semantics! I say that because what are we defining sex to be? (this should be fun)