Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 1, 2016.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Drive time sports guy here in South Carolina has tennessee winning the SEC and in the playoff with clemson, Stanford, Notre dame.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

15-0 or bust.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So I was looking at our schedule, we should go 11-1. What's scary though is the possibility that we do go 11-1, give Butch a lifetime contract and then watch all our studs walk out the door.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If Shoop gets the defense right (and I think he will), and we line up and run the ball, 11-1 should be the low end given the schedule. They will have to find some balance to win the other one. Haven't seen it yet.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You'll know where we stand when we're on the one foot line, and we kick the field goal.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, I like that field. Not very intimidating.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They are spending most of their time lining up the Speing injuries excuse. Prepare for letdown.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The talent on the field will be undeniable for even the most Orange Kool Aid drinking of the fanbase. Last year should have been a 10 win team and the 2016 team is even more talented. The horses are there, even with an injury or two. JRM is about the only irreplaceable piece on this team. Barnett could be a top 15 draft pick, but there's enough talent to platoon a decent pass rush.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This defense could be scary good if Shoop is good as advertised.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'll be interested to see if Shoop can move the dial. I guess I've grown jaded to the idea that we'll have top-notch assistants, even if they're supposed to be.

12. NorrisAlan

Somehow UT has become the blackhole of coaching talent. Either you come here with no talent and some how get worse, or you come here highly touted and turn into a paint chip eating moron (Serrano is exhibit A).

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Butch has the uncanny ability to mess up a wet dream.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Serrano lived with castoff brainless talent prior to coming here. They were Boise St of baseball.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Studs on the DL, two NFL LBs and DB is probably deeper than both.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think in this case he will. He has been pretty good in his career and he has never coached the level of talent he has here. There are plenty of holes in this staff, I don't think Shoop is one of em.

As Groves said, JRm needs to stay healthy. If that happens this defense will be good.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not necessarily. Look at Kiffin's staff, Pittman and Chaney and Elder. They lived up to it.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I wish badly we still had Pittman.

19. NorrisAlan

For 11 months. Our UT Immune system rejected the implant and expelled it.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

that isn't exactly how it worked