Is This A Joke?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 2, 2016.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It's not a joke. It's a lie.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The guy signaled for a FC. It was way, way early, but he did.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fair.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He apparently signaled before the ball was kicked or tenths of a second after the ball was kicked.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I didn't see it.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I actually think it was a bad call in almost every way. Didn't interfere and tried to hit the guy with his shoulder. Dude dipped to catch the ball so it ended up being high on him, but that was inadvertent. JRMs head was clearly to the side at contact.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This is what I don't get. If the offensive guy lowers himself into the defenders level, you can't penile him. If you dip into a guy who is in mid tackle there's no way for the defender to avoid that kind of hit.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's there. I have seen it in slow mo. It's incredibly brief, and super early, but he did.

Those that are Facebook friends with me can watch it in the comments section on one of the posts to my page by a friend.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not saying it didn't happen, just that I never saw it. I'm not sure we expect a defender to see it.

Interference was, then, a legit good call. The targeting was not.

Targeting is almost never the right call.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

NYY can penile anything and anyone.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What the hell is the deal with Preston Williams's TD not being reviewable? Why even have review if you can't check out touchdown catches?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not against review on principle but the way they've implemented it is bizarre. And that josh smith play, from what I've heard they got it right but they looked at that damn thing for 5 minutes. If it takes that long I don't see how it is conclusive.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If I hear one more person bragging about what a class act our coach is because he went and interrupted App State's postgame speech, I'm going to punch a kitten. Dumbest fanbase in America.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Never saw any semblance to a signal. Musberger said it was a bad call. Should have been no questiion.

edit: posted before I saw post of Dooz.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That wasn't classy, that was bush league

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Don't think that was the question. Since Botch called a time out, they had plenty of time to look at it. Rule clear, must maintain control of ball through entire process to include hitting the ground. Out of the end zone it would have been good.

WTF was Botch calling time out? If wanted it reviewed should have challenged.

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This! Only thing I get out of this is he felt guilty getting the win when he shouldn't have.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yes. Wait till they are done if it's so important. Another in the list of thing botch does to try to look good to the outside world, but exposes him as a charlatan.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If I were an App St. player, I would have told him to stfu and get out of our huddle because we just outplayed you, out coached you, out physicaled you, out hustled you and what ever else you want to mention. Satterfield should have went to the UT huddle to tell them :"you're welcome" because our kicker sucks.