Is This A Joke?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 2, 2016.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Butch lives in an alternate reality, I'm convinced.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

3. JayVols

The new throw game rules regarding snatching the ball from the air and securing it with a part of the critical player's body have entered the realm of ridiculous. We get screwed when this rule was not in effect (the UF no catch catch) and get screwed with it. It's such a kick in the nuts to be a UT fan.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

App State players looked pissed.

5. JayVols

Rightfully so. Butch lecturing them about their heart, fire, desire, "You'll go far" and other bs I'm sure he said is akin to Chris Brown giving a domestic abuse prevention seminar.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Seriously. Butch interrupted to bless them with his presence and assure them they were a good team. Meanwhile, they knew they were the better, more prepared team. His lack of self-awareness there was amazing.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I would have been, too.

It was a "you guys did really great, considering we're better than you are" moment. I'm a little surprised one of their coaches didn't intercede.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He probably asked for the kicker to visit UT's locker room when they're done so he could pick up the game ball.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

In the post game interview his lips looked like he just left trumpet practice.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

This was my thoughts exactly....I never saw a fair catch signal, so that aside.... Does there not have to be some type of consideration given when the player puts himself in harms way. The way that I saw it, JRM was already engaging to go right through the torso of the guy and had no way to pull up or out (TWSS) when the guy went down to a knee.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

He told them to stop faking injuries and show some GD class.