Post-Florida thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've worn something orange every day this week.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There has been a conspicuous lack of Florida gear being worn at my school this week. I may or may not have mentioned that to frequent offenders in my classes.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

All my orange stuff has been in the laundry pile all week. Finally did it last night

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You mean that Florida fans are mostly bandwagon jumpers, and that those Florida fans in Tennessee are nothing more than misguided attention-whoring turncoats?

I beg to differ, and offer this video as proof in support of my objection:

[youtube]WyIN2yeE9yw[/youtube]

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whenever I see anyone with a Florida or Alabama shirt on, and I know them somewhat well, I always ask them the following questions, and almost to a person, the answer to each question is "No."

1) Oh, you are from Florida/Alabama?
    2) Oh, ok, so you went to Florida/Alabama for college?
    3) Your parents are from Florida/Alabama?
    4) Your parents went to Florida/Alabama for college?

It is really odd.

I had one lady last Saturday at soccer admit that she became a Florida fan because everyone in the house was a Tennessee fan and she was young and just wanted to piss off her parents. It finally became true fandom.

I suspect that this is a large part of it, as well as front running "fans" as well.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. Ran into a guy coming up to cars at a redlight asking for charitable donations. He was wearing a Tebow jersey. I pointed out he was basically asking people to keep their money.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know a few Alabama graduates and a few that grew up watching Bear Bryant and became fans. I can understand that. One guy that works for me burnt his Tennessee stuff when Majors was fired and became a full on Alabama fan.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's the Florida dipshits that get me. They're all my age or younger and are just ass holes in general

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll say the same for Auburn too. Piss on them

10. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

He said "they did him wrong and I thought Fulmer was a smartass"

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Eat a pecker.

But honestly how many Auburn fans are there in Tennessee that don't have a connection.

13. NorrisAlan

Probably very few. I saw a guy in a Mississippi State sweat shirt two days ago and I would never think to ask him the questions I would ask a Florida/Alabama fan. Only people tied to Miss St would bother wearing their gear.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of my twins announced his favorite team was Stanford. I think he's inherited my asshole gene. edit: he also has told my father in law, the USC grad, that his favorite team is notre dame.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Plenty.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

at least Alabama wasn't great then. the number of guys my age who are cowboys fans in LA and have never step foot in dallas is staggering and disgusting.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

The Knoxville Steeler contingent is really obnoxious and annoying. most of them are the age where you can tell they became fans as kids in 1978

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They won a national title in 1992.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

if you can't beat em join em?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ahhhh, coincidence i'm sure.