A Wish List: Jones' Replacement

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 20, 2016.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hard to believe ETSU guy turned down double pay.

Wonder why he was so high in the list

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's a Tennessee guy

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Has ETSU made any big moves under him? I haven't kept up.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You gotta go through Bama to get anywhere. Why would he want to have to beat them twice in one year just to get to a place hes already been without having to play them.

Taken Saban out at Bama and Id agree. Who knows when that happens.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

They've published 28% more peer-reviewed academic papers.

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I want to say Saban retires after another ring or two, but wouldn't be surprised if he dies coaching.

7. Beechervol

Yep. No reason to drag that out if its essentially done.

Then move on to chancellor and get the right guy.

8. Beechervol

Im thinking 3-5.

That also happens to be firing range for a new coach.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. The Chancellor will inherit a bevy of non-hand-selected Vice Chancellors. Naming a new AD will just be another one s/he inherits.
    2. The new Chancellor, unless it's Peyton Manning, will only be a rubber stamp to who the money guys want to hire as AD.
    3. Academics wants to name a new Chancellor, first, so as to make it appear as if the new-Chancellor had some say, and in turn some unstated control, over who is chosen as the new AD.
    4. I will have as much input and say as to who is hired as AD as the new Chancellor will. Maybe more.

There is no good reason to wait on hiring a Chancellor before hiring an AD.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Stanford had how many good seasons under Harbaugh before he bolted? And how long ago was that? I'd say Shaw has more to do with Stanford being relevant than Harbaugh.

11. GahLee

They were good before him, they'll be good after him, at some point it's not a fluke.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I wouldn't call it a fluke, but I see Dabo as more of a consistent 10-2 guy than a guy that is consistently in or close to being in the playoff. With that being said, maybe he can build enough momentum and find another QB that is at least in the ballpark of being as good as Deshaun.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Meh, I doubt Stanford is built up to the point he has sustained without Harbaugh.

He faired much better in years 1-3 than 4-6.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He had one great recruting class with a bunch of NFL olineman and his scheme needs NFL olinemen to be good. His defenses have always been well coached. Should be interesting to see if he can mantain it.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I would take Dabo over Shaw easily and it's not even close. I would take Taggart over him too. So that's quite a range. Just not a Shaw fan. Too mellow. We need fire.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Oh, I'm in with you on that for sure. I wouldn't want Shaw.

17. GahLee

"Consistently 10-2" will eventually land you there.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He would be worth the risk if we didn't just have Title IX issues that gained national attention. There's no way that's gonna happen so soon after.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Why in the **** would we even mention Art Briles?

My God, guys.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

After watching the 60 Minutes Sports story on the Baylor mess, any school that even interviews him should be shut down and any administrator that supports his hiring should be deported.