It Doesn't Look Like Anything to Me, the Westworld Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Nov 21, 2016.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Anyone else watching this on HBO? It's fan-****ing-tastic. I don't think I've ever been this into a series this early before.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've enjoyed it. When the dude last week said "It doesn't look like anything to me" it was pretty awesome. Probably should have see something like that coming, but I didn't.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, Crichton continues to dominate even from the grave. Might be we don't have a lot of good idea men around these days.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Last night's episode was great. More or less confirmed a theory that a friend and I had.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Haven't seen it yet. No spoilers.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Great show. I have a feeling that next week will be awesome, and the following week will drive us crazy.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the contrary, we don't have any money willing to take risks on something new.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Season 1 of True Detective and Mr Robot were very compelling early on as well.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not funding your Star Trek/Harry Potter crossover movie either.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm starting this as soon as I get caught up on Bloodline. Looking forward to it.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is the only thing getting me through the Butch Jones/Trump years of my life. Also the only show I watch live without even DVRing it.

#teamArnold, I think.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Hated True Detective but agree about Mr. Robot.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I can't get enough of this show. Don't want to talk about it though if people are not caught up with it.

I investigated getting the Westworld "book" -- really a screen play -- from the 1973 movie written by Crichton for my wife. Anyway, cheapest on Amazon is $300 for a worn copy, with mint condition on Ebay going for $800. So much for that Christmas gift idea.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

On episode 3.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I really need to go watch the movie. I've been told there have been a few visual references to them in the show.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The movie is quite affordable. Like 4 bucks or something.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Crichton specifically said that the story would not work as a book and so he only created a movie. So I would just look into getting the DVD.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

True, but they did print some bound screenplays to pair with the film in 1973. And those are apparently rare and (now) exceptionally expensive.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Rick from Pawn Stars has a semi-hot nerdy rare book gal.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Christmas/birthday/anniversary gift in one