From Volnation

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What this person seems to forget is that UT football was around 115 years before Jones got here and was and is a goldmstandard program.

And it will be here long after this gym teacher is fired.

So many of our fans are complete idiots when it comes to logic on this.

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

And these moronic sheep are still defending trumpet blower. Feelings hurt because their beloved hero was called a gym teacher. Truth hurts.
    Hell,Cowherd was complimenting this football program. Stating Tennessee is an elite program but they have a total dumb-ass for a head coach.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The only reason Tennessee is a gold standard program is because of the hard work and heavy lifting Butch did to resurrect us from the Dooley years. He faced more adversity than the Marshall plane crash and people just won't give him the credit and love he deserves.

4. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Gonna have to spend some time on VN

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Recommend purely from an entertainment stand point.

6. OrangeEmpire

I'll jump in and play defender of Butch

7. Beechervol

You will get lost in the herd pretty quick.

They have a bat signal that goes up over there when Jones is questioned.

8. OrangeEmpire

I'll have to frame it in a way where I'm actually criticizing old Butch

9. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I've just reverted to calling them dumb asses, they seem to understand that pretty well and it gets the fight going.

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

What makes a good one?

You have those the creepy ones who might be interested in diddling some of their students and the rest. Those are the only two categories I know of those that teach gym as a profession.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Do you know any gym teachers personally?

12. cotton

I had a few. Have met a few since.

Do you know any really good gym teachers? You know, guys who inspired their students to love gym and to see how it is applicable to the real world? Ladies who made kids eager to explore careers in gym, who really made it come alive so that their students would learn to love gym?

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I don't know any gym teachers. Must be cognitive dissonance.

14. cotton

Eh, was meant tongue in cheek. I do find that most people who really want to reach students in academics choose a field other than gym. Those left are typically 1) coaches who have to teach something, 2) coasting, or 3) perverts. This is just my limited view, of course, and I'm sure there are exceptions. I just never have met, nor heard of, any.

15. Beechervol

Best one I ever saw would turn purple when you knocked him out of dodge ball and swear at those mocking him as he walked off the court. He would then curl up in the fetal under his desk.

Jones would be considered a good gym teacher.

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I believe the time is right for a new character. Maybe like Billy Costigan, the Mississippi State fan but over the top (even for their liking) of all things pro Butch.

17. OrangeEmpire

Costigan was an Internet treasure

Go hardcore posing at the equipment manager or personal assistant

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

One of my good friends teaches middle school PE. He's the only gym teacher that has written lesson plans for every class he teaches. Everything he does, he references back to state and national kinesiology standards. Helluva teacher and even better guy.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

*raising my hand emphatically*

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Was it ever determined who played him?