It starts today

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kmf600, Jan 20, 2017.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Important point, though, is that magnetometers in those areas aren't new and aren't a valid excuse for why the crowds were small nor does it somehow make the pictures showing the smaller crowd fake.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

All I could think about was Butch Jones, an extremely sensitive man offended by the list of media members in his back pocket.

Let's hope that's a bad comparison.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

One guy goes on TV showing his face and name. He is responsible for the inauguration. He says magnetometers were used.

A reporter said I spoke to "someone" in the secret service who says no magnetometers were used.

Yes to me it matters. I tend to believe the guy who is responsible for the event and puts his name and face on the line over a reporter who said he spoke to "someone".

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The nosebleeds aren't as I understand. Monitored, yes, but not wanded, unless I misread something.

5. JayVols

And maybe I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the standing areas out toward the Washington Monument.

6. TennTradition

I agree.

But I also think the ABC article wasn't as clear as it could be.

Magnetometers were used.

They were likely not used for the entire mall.

There were probably no more than usual.

Given the rate cited by chair, they would have only gotten 250,000 in. So I believe the mags only served the first few zones.

7. JayVols

I meant does it matter to Trump. My bad.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She is good and is the reason why we have a President Trump.

9. TennTradition

They had fences controlling access to all those zones out toward the monument so I just assumed those were ticketed. But that was pure assumption.

But I also agree that those areas probably didn't have mags.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would expect security practices to escalate at least somewhat every four years. Doubt it explains any large difference in attendance, but i would expect it to be a hair more difficult to get in this time than last time.

11. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

You're right, red wa ticketed and just behind the reflecting pool.

12. JayVols

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Conway needs to learn those words when trotting out alternate facts arguments. People will eventually figure out she calling pretty much anyone dumbasses that used actual visual evidence, ie their own eyes, to make a comparison. That won't work forever, and the war with the press will just make them hypervigilant to catch them in more lies.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Oh, no. You don't get to put that blame on her. Populists are why there is a President Trump.

She's just a BS artist. It's the people that believe such obvious BS that put that Trump in the highest public service office in this country.

14. TennTradition

You mean the pool in front of the capital? Is that also called the reflecting pool? I was thinking that was the long pool between monument and memorial.

15. TennTradition

So you don't have to have a ticket to get into the fences in areas further back by the monument?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

After a couple of months to prepare, IP handled the inauguration better than I would have expected.

[video=youtube;zDdTKGUu0Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdTKGUu0Co[/video]

17. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

You're right, Kat. I didn't giver her enough credit in that comment. I thought she looked great, and sincerely feel it was unfortunate that Ivanka wore a similar outfit.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The pool in front of the capitol is known as the Capitol Reflecting Pool, the other one as The Reflecting Pool. I know, not a good naming scheme.

The magnetometers were not used on the Mall, which for organizational purposes was west of 3rd street. I.e., where the bald areas were, they were not used. Where it was full they were indeed used.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

What exactly did that guy in the image think was going to happen on Inauguration Day? Divine intervention?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is my understanding. The areas west of 3rd street were not ticketed.

Indeed, they were not for Obama.