No Big Orange Caravan?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently no stops have been scheduled for this event, which is typically held in May, and has usually been booked by this time. From what I understand it has sold out 26 years in a row.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's the word. Wasted money i guess.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They couldn't pry Butch from under his desk in time.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Couldn't get Barnes to agree to leave West Knox County, IMO.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Also, is there another remaining way that the UTAD can possibly - or just more blatantly - continue to shit on the fans?

Have we just completely lost all influence, or value, at this point?

6. NorrisAlan

Yes.

But **** em. I don't even wear my UT stuff anymore.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not all that hard to believe. Evidently there's a question and answer session from the audience. You know Butch was dreading that. I doubt Holly Warlick was too thrilled about it either, but I haven't heard of her doing anything like ducking press conferences.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

John Currie in week 1 on the job at UT:

"We had low confidence, and one of the things we did in the process was getting out there with our fans. There are some similarities between the schools. Tennessee has the Big Orange Caravan, K-State has the Cat Mover, so we got out and about and re-earned trust. So we will do some things over here from an athletics perspective to ensure that the Tennessee faithful and the whole Tennessee family feel like they have a good opportunity to connect and share their passion and feelings."

"It's really about people, and it's getting around and reconnecting with folks"

"The Lord gave me two ears, two eyes and one mouth for a reason. I've got to get around and listen and see and learn and reconnect with folks. I can't wait to start doing that."

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He was only hired for his UT cups

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"Big Orange Caravan? Can I telecommute to that? No? Well, that's okay, let me tell you about the time I coached a team with Kevin Durant all the way to the second round of the tournament."

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

As long as ESPN checks clear, you're worth one "It's Time" Lane Kiffin t shirt.

13. CardinalVol

I went to one in Maryville in 07 or 08, and it was actually an enjoyable event. Haven't been back sense, but only because they've not had it there again.

Seems like anything the UTAD can do to further distance itself from the fanbase, they do. I'm not saying be Pearl and be a carnival barker, but seems like the BOC isn't that much to ask for.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. This seems like a way to screw the ultra-loyal fans that would have bought season tickets for year 4 of [ddiapos].

15. CardinalVol

Hyams now saying they are going to do one in June or July and it's because the ad situation was in flux.

16. CardinalVol

Same way they don't have the kickoff bbq anymore. I know this wasn't the ad and was knox alumni, but it was also something really fun to go to that my son loved. Assume my daughter would now too.

17. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

riiiight

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Knox Alumni said they didn't nix it, Butch did.

19. CardinalVol

I'm not too shocked by this.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Apparently Butch hated it the past few years. Nixed the silent autograph auctions because it could be viewed as an NCAA violation.

Butch done.