Dark (Netflix Series) With Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Feb 26, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So the red-dressed chick in 1953 that is I guess Ulrich's grandmother, I think she is from the future or some other time period and has fled to 1953 to escape her husband, who is probably Noah.

I had some other hair-brained ideas, but I've forgotten a lot of them now.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Their mouths moving in German and English coming out reminds me of kung fu movies.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Watch it with subtitles like a civilized human being.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got 2 or 3 more eps to go, but I got the impression that the wormhole specifically links 3 floating points 33 years apart for a total of 66 yrs. If the lady in red is from the future, she's from Ulrich's time? Or does something layer break that idea of 66 years over 3 intervals

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not really sure. Maybe even from 1920. It just seems really weird that she happens to be moving to town right during the brief window that the wormhole is open, so I'd think she's from a time other than 1953 (although it is a tad odd that she'd manage to procure a car so easily, but maybe she learned so tricks from Noah). Also her husband is evidently an abusive pastor. Ulrich's dad has what appear to be cigarette burns on his arm. Noah is an abusive pastor that obviously has no issue hurting children. At some point the lady she's living with asks her about her maiden name, but she is interrupted before she answers. It seems the answer would have been somewhat of a revelation.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think I'll have to watch this series again, it can get difficult to remember who is young this person and old that person, and who is young that person's mom or dad. Especially when you have to watch it 15 to 30 minutes at a time like I have been.

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I need to watch this again. It's too obvious that Noah is the lady in reds abusive husband so I am expecting a swerve there.

I'm not so sure Noah isn't the little [vagina] that was hanging out with him some either. The hotel owners kid.

I can't wait to see what they do with this because the possibilities are endless. So many questions still to be answered. Definitely the best time traveling show that I have ever seen.

The only thing that kind of pissed me off was when Ulrich beat the shit out of the kid trying to kill him. As soon as he bashed in the side of his head I immediately knew that he didn't kill him because of the mangled ear of the older versions of the other guy. As a fairly intelligent cop Ulrich should have realized that and finished him off if he was going to go through with it. But as the series tries to remind us there are many times when people try to change things but what they do in reality is actually bring those exact things to light.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The thing about Bartosz is that he has brown eyes and they at one point made a big deal about Noah having blue eyes.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

My thought is that there may be loops within the loops. I.e., we only saw this loop. It may not lead into an exact same loop, but a similar one in which all the key events occur the same way but the individuals may vary.

Agree on the eye color thing. Not sure if that is just a mistake or we will be vindicated on that.

The notebook seems to be incredibly important. It is the only way to track the different minor changes through each loop. And if you sabotaged it somehow, you could break the loop.

It is pretty annoying that Adult Jonas is just as dumb as young Jonas. If you had the exact same conversation before, and said to yourself "but this time I can break it..." Well, clearly no, you didn't. You should do something you DON'T remember doing. Duh. So go bang your aunt and see what happens.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

One of my thoughts, in line with the loops within loops thing, is that there are more people than just Jonas who only exist because of the loop. I suspect Noah is the same.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I still don't really follow why Mikkel killed himself and why he apparently did it fairly close to when the whole time travel business was about to get going again. I guess he figured he couldn't go stop himself from being abducted or he'd basically be erasing his son. But I don't see why he couldn't have just gone on living his life and let the events transpire as he knew they would.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I wonder about that, too, and believe there is more to it. Anxious to see if more is revealed in the next season.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't think it was ever answered why Regina hates her mother so much either was it?

Maybe Mikkel killed himself because he had been instructed to by the middle aged version of Jonas. Something to do with the future that Jonas lands in at the end of the season. Who knows, it's a hell of a ride though.

And for that matter, actually, there is a big deal made from Mikkel several times about Houdini and magic/illusion. Maybe, just maybe, Mikkel isn't actually dead. He has to give off the illusion that he is to throw off Noah. Yes, someone died by hanging but was it another version of Mikkel or someone that he got in on the master plan to take his place?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is going to be more to it. We keep seeing a flash of him as an adult (once in Jonas' dream, once in a vision, and once as an adult as a vision when about to detonate the time device thing), covered in blood or oil or something. I don't think we know what that flash is about.

As DnD says, there is a lot of craziness that could be done regarding bodies/physical evidence of who is dead. Hypothetically, he could still be alive and had placed his body from when he ultimately commits suicide, to be able to move and act without anyone thinking he is around.

Couldn't help but notice that adult Jonas has a rope scar around his neck. That'll probably be explained eventually.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also the power plant guy that has the aliases and fake passports. Obviously something really weird there. He’s almost certainly from another time.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Regina’s mom was a huge butthole. Didn’t seem like a good mother at all and way more concerned about her job. I’d bet once she gets involved in all this time manipulation stuff she pretty much abandons Regina.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or just from East Germany. I don't think he is from another time.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think the way he found Regina so quickly and then got ascended the power plant ranks is significant. Think Regina’s mom might have sent him there for some purpose.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hmm, that's an interesting idea.