Dark (Netflix Series) With Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Feb 26, 2018.

1. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I agree with this. And I also think that he is from the 2052 timeline.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

How would that work? There are 3 branches and they're apparently consistent in where they go.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't know exactly. There has been 3 timeline arcs looked through on the show so far (1953, 1986, 2019) but Jonas lands in 2052 at the very end of the season. So why couldn't someone also come from 2052 to 1986 by first jumping to 2019 and then back further? I'm guessing whoever shot him was Noah or someone working on his behalf. I know that Jonas accidentally created the black hole across time but is it across all time and can people keep jumping forwards or backwards? Could Noah actually come from 1920, 1887, 1854, etc? I mean how far back could it actually go? And how far forward could it go? Because we know that even though we've saw timelines from 1953, 1986, and 2019 there's also a 2052 timeline that we are introduced to.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There’s also the possibility that Noah gets his machine working and opens up new time destinations.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Good point. I'm assuming he's trying to get his machine to work to jump to precise times right? Not just every 33 years.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m really not sure. That’s another mystery. Maybe he wants to have that chair thing so he can blockade the tunnel and then have sole control of time travel.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he wants to be able to control his destination, but it would still be in 33 year intervals because of the "33 year cycle" premise they introduced early, regarding planetary alignments.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I just rewatched the first season again. I think that there's a chance that older Jonas isn't really Jonas. I think it "could" be the briefly mentioned son of Ines Khanwald that something happened to as a young child. Adult Jonas with the mole and his features looks exactly like Ines. Since Jonas and Mikkel/Michael technically don't share any DNA with Ines I think it's funny that older Jonas looks so much like her. Just an observation.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll definitely be rewatching before the second season. So many little details I've already forgotten.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

loved this show and never watched a subtitled show before more than a couple minutes

11. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Me either.........I actually watched it with the English commentary. I know some people say it's not good but it was good enough for me. With so much shit going on with the show I ain't got time for reading too lol. I need to learn German.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Love the show. I speak pretty good German. Well more like redneck Bavarian but still German. Watched in German and had on subtitles to fill in the parts I didn't understand.

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Season 2 dropped last night. I binge watched it today. My head hurts and my brain may melt. I'd have to go back and rewatch at a normal persons pace but I think S2 knocked it out of the park. They've already said it was going to be a 3 part series and I can't wait to see where they take it after S2. A lot was answered but then so many more questions popped up.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cant wait