Santorum Ends Bid For Nomination

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by LawVol13, Apr 10, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I can't wait to hear him say, "God told me to" as opposed to "I'm quitting because I'm about to lose my home state....again."

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He's going to use his sick daughter as the excuse, which is even more disgusting.

4. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

As long as he doesn't pull out his baby's dead body at the press conference, I'll be okay.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I genuinely and truly hope his daughter gets better. I don't care your politics, I would never wish a sick child on anyone.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

As do I, but the point still stands that it's disgusting to use his sick daughter as an excuse for suspending hiscampaign when the real reason is he doesn't want to get his ass beat in his home state.

7. CardinalVol

Agreed if that's what he said (and all I've read of this is what you posted and a 30 second skim of the WSJ article on it).

Not going to lie, I was looking forward to the 20 point beatdown he was going to get there in a couple of weeks. Oh well, on to the general election.

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

What I heard on the radio about his daughter, is that she has is a life threatening condition and that she expected to die soon. I will give him a pass on saying its about his daughter. If she is about to lose her young life, I would want to spend all the time I could with her too.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does anyone know if it is true that his daughter's ailment is a congenital defect that had been detected prenatally?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She has Trisomy 18, I believe. That can be detected in utero.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He knew she had it when he started. I definitely agree with what you're saying, but I really question if that's the actual reason he's quitting.

12. CardinalVol

It may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. My guess is his wife and close friends/advisers sat him down and put the writing on the wall for him.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Santorum, who claims to be a fiscal conservative, is asking for people to donate to his campaign postmortem to pay off his deficit spending?

14. CardinalVol

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Does it really matter why?

Im not sure I ever remember a politician stepping out of a race and claiming he sucked, along with his campaign, and was gonna have it handed to him if he stayed in. So he's not much different than all the rest, if this is not a legit reason.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Sure they do, Beecher. They don't all just make up some personal life crisis as the reason they're suspending the campaign. They suspend the campaign when it's clear they're not going to win and usually offer up a concession speech wishing the others good luck. In the end, it doesn't really matter why Santorum is pulling out, but I can't help but be skeptical of him using his daughter as the excuse.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I thought Santorum didn't believe in pulling out

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

well done.

19. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

considering this is what the second or third time she's been in the hospital lately. regardless if that's part of the reason or the only reason for him quitting who cares. lawvol needs to come off his high horse

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I wish nothing but the best for his daughter; you seemed to have totally missed my point.