School shooting in TX

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, May 18, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mandatory Dhammapada classes? :)

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I mean, we’re not talking about an old ass spoiled brat AARP man child.

Kids are actually carrying out school shootings as their best current option to deal with whatever their problems are.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Probably teaching kids that substances and alcohol [uck fay] up your brain immensely in your younger years, along with keeping them from having shitty home lives or traumatic experiences growing up

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't you think it is partly a glory/impact thing? They'r the star of their movie, everyone else are just extras. There is a dehumanization going on. And it probably starts with them feeling less than human.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's the drug/alcohol link?

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I think it’s an all the above answer

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Not necessarily this case, but I’m sure you know the link between young introduction to drugs while the brain is still in formative stages, and the increased likelihood of addiction and therefore a very messed up HPA axis

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't, but it makes sense.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah. Sadly I think that's where a number of problems come from today because people just don't know but that's why a number of laws put a limit on when you can buy alcohol and cigarettes.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think it’s important to remember that it’s not happening more often but that there is some important mental health issues that needs to be addressed.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree on the second part, it depends on how you count it on the first.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saw a stat that 2018 has been more deadly for school children than service members. WOW.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems hard to believe. Are we counting only service members who were killed by enemy fire against all school kids that died of any cause?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read it as enemy fire and crashes vs shootings.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What's the tally?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Something like 29 to 12, but it's a graph

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Nevermind.

This isn’t the place for this discussion.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy terrible graphics, Batman.

I guess it looks like there have been only 13 military deaths, then. So, that seems like simultaneous good news and bad news.

I don't know. Terrible to have any school shooting deaths, but that seems like an attempt to mislead one into thinking the number is higher than it is. The more troubling statistic is that school shooting deaths are way up compared to recent years.