School shooting in TX

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, May 18, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

A graph that acts like it's showing you 29,234,412 to 12,423,874.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And when people are misidentified as ms-13, well, they should've been less ms-13ny.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it was a terrible graph choice. They'r wanting to show it by instance, but that could have been a separate figure

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’ve withdrawn it.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I wonder how many of the shooters were bullied in school. Wouldn't surprise me if the numbers were high.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Yes

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wouldn't be surprised if the kid was on some type of antipsychotic med or another pharma. Seems to be the most common theme over the years.

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Believe that 26 of the 27 worst shooters weren't raised with birth fathers being involved throughout.

NYY likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get it though, MS-13 is awful.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Girl says no to boy.

Boy decides to kill her and others he doesn't like.

What is happening to us?

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn’t think that one through. He’s going to be wishing the world had more respect for the word “no” once he’s in prison.

justingroves and IP like this.
  12. CardinalVol

I believe he was going to kill himself at the end, and I guess screwed that up.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

These dudes have a streak of failing to suicide successfully going now.

I prefer to have them alive, so that it is harder for others to glorify them

14. CardinalVol

Agreed. While I believe in eternal justice, I like earthly justice too.

15. Tenacious D

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw it as a man who desperately wants to help but has no idea how to do so. He's using the icons and phrases he has like incantations, because that is literally all he has. He has no idea how to make this problem stop. Showing up to a shooting aftermath with a flag and a gun on your hip, walking back and forth with slogans is the height of cognitive dissonance. No one is there campaigning for shootings, but all he has in his tool box of confronting national pRobles in a way in which he gets an outcome he likes is... MAGA!

That's not a political criticism, it'd be the same with anyone who showed up to an immediate aftermath with 2016 election gear.

Though I have question a man's sanity that shows up open carrying as a civilian in this exact time and space. Just weird. Like passing out lifesaver candy on the deck of the titanic or snowcones in january.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To some people that legally carry, putting a gun on your hip is no different than putting on shoes. You just do it. Is it tone deaf to walk around those victims while carrying? Yes

18. Tenacious D

1. I don’t know the root cause(s) of these school shootings, but do believe that they exist and must be identified, proven to be contributing factors, and correctively addressed by people far more intelligent, than I.

2. I neither believe that the banning or severely restricting of guns is the answer, nor that the Constitutional rights of the many should be removed or subdued based on the lawless and terrible actions of the few.

3. These shooters aren’t likely happening in a vacuum, and perhaps a good first step is to hold any others who knew of their potential for these acts, or should have known, and failed to act or alert others - and particularly if their in/action lead to the availability of firearms used in the act. Whether someone knew of threats being made and did nothing, or failed to properly prevent access to their guns, they should face the exact same consequences as the shooter, themselves. Perhaps this is already occurring, but I can’t think of a single instance of it, off the top of my head.

19. Tenacious D

I think you’re being too kind, here.

Personally, I see all of these armed “helpers” and “concerned citizens” who show up in the aftermath of shit like this as the most despicable kind of attention-whores imaginable. Go back to any of these sites a week or two later, or hell, just after the last news truck pulls out - and when the real work of recovery actually begins - and these morons are nowhere to be found.

Perhaps this guy had some good intentions, somewhere along the way, or in some small part....but let’s see what else he’s willing to do besides show up in front of TV cameras, wearing a MAGA hat and waving an American flag. I’ll be ecstatic to see him prove me wrong.

NYY likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In the case of minors doing the shooting, if they guns were owned by the parents, the parents should also be responsible.