POLITICS Origins of Racism, Sexism, Other “isms”?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 10, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or not slutty enough

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Causation or correlation?

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I can see that. I think the more compact the density of a population, the more that one would need to promote monogamy. I know I would not want to share my wife with any of you yahoos.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Egyptians had several races. Today's Egyptians are Arab, greek, and semite. Ancient Egyptians were none of those, but was a multiracial society. As depicted in their hieroglyphics.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We are moving further and further away from that stuff mattering. It's like in Seinfeld where Banya asks Jerry, "Do you lift weights? Well, you should."

Jerry asks, "Why?" and Banya just looks at him, dumbfounded. Being physically superior wouldn't help Jerry as a comedian and it really isn't a big deal for much of anything these days, beyond perhaps attracting a decent mate, but even that is regularly overcome with other types of success.

6. Tenacious D

Are there inherent differences between races, and if so, must they each be equally good / bad / useful / helpful?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't say for sure, but I think there is some kind of relationship. It put them on even footing with men romantically, at minimum, which meant they could get laid but not end up keeping house. Frees up professional opportunities.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes, but not really enough for one to say he couldn't make it simply because of his black/white/whatever genes.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The differences are so minor as to not matter. We all have the same gene that promotes dark skin, but the people that live in the norther/southern latitudes have that gene retarded so that we can get better exposure to the sun (that is one hypothesis, anyway).

We all come from east Africa, and all share the same genetics. The term 'race' is really a misnomer and an albatross that holds us back, imho.

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

You make the case for sexism being a good thing ...LOL...short lifespans, bad food, poor hygiene etc. ...there is probably more sex since everyone is naked and otherwise bored once the meals have been consumed...but overall a pretty crappy existence compared to the average 'merican.

11. Tenacious D

What are the most glaring differences between races, or men and women?

12. Tenacious D

You’re saying that we are all exactly the same, save minor and evolutionary necessities, such as darker / lighter skin?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whatever differences beyond obvious phenotypes are well within the variances inside any "race." Sex is biological. "Race" is a human construct for categorization.

The stereotypical features that tend to anchor racial identities, such as skin tone, tend to have evolutionary explanations that indicate they are favorable foe the specific environment in which they became dominant. All the same, spontaneous skin tone mutations have been documented more than once in the last 2 decades, particularly with Africans having white (not albino, white-white) children. Confirmed to be legitimate by dna tests. Occurred with a couple in England recently.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The level sameness between you and every other white person is not always greater than the level of sameness between you and every other person of another race.

15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Then there is Sex and the City...do we really want our daughters living such banal and vulgar lives? I know its just a TV show.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not saying it is good, but ya I do think it developed and ultimately is how we ended up with the current family unit.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe in freedom and liberty for individuals to make their own choices.

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

So is IQ just based on cultural differences or is there something to the different races having different averages...BTW the person with the highest IQ in my graduating class is African American. Poor guy was never going to reach his full potential not because fo race but because his family were J.W. He had an equally brilliant cousin with whom I had many a theological debate when I interned back in SC over the summers. Guy was a welder on an assembly line who was pursuing a career in ministry.

19. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I was making a bit of a joke.

20. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Sure but I want my daughter to have a nice life, be married for life and avoid the drama and high cost of such low living.