POLITICS Origins of Racism, Sexism, Other “isms”?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 10, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

[​IMG]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't mean to imply you were a nazi, just pointing out racial divisions (even more of them than are around now) were used to explain all manner of social things. Drawing conclusions about individuals based on arbitrary groupings goes to bad places quickly.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, should of read this first. [uck fay] off, I didn't make an ad hominem attack, unless what you posted to me was one first.

4. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Paraphrasing Dawkins, if you extend your arms as if to measure wingspan, with your left middle finger tip representing the start of life on earth and your right middle finger tip representing the present moment, bacteria would have a complete monopoly on life until somewhere past your right shoulder. The first multicellular invertebrates evolved around your right elbow, and the Dinos originated in the middle of your palm before going extinct at your last finger joint.

After that, the entire history of Homo erectus and Homo sapiens could be divorced from the body by clipping your nails. Recorded human history would only take a single stroke from a nail file to expunge.

Just thought that was cool.

JudgmentVol likes this.