POLITICS Origins of Racism, Sexism, Other “isms”?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 10, 2018.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

One reply to both of yours.
    1.) Most Jews are "white" Caucasian and Russian Jews obviously have both Slavic ancestry and Jewish ancestry ( and genetics) due to intermarriage. Now Mizrahi might better be classified under Mongoloid as they have more Asiatic characteristics than the Ashkenazi or Sephardi. The newly incorporated Manashe are definitely Asian and Ethiopian Jews are definitely African. Because of intermarriage and the diaspora you will find Jews of all races. What makes them a Jew is the lineage that traces back to Jacob and the adoption of the moniker Jew from Judah one of his sons and the predominant tribe before the Roman imposed diaspora of 70AD.

2.) The encyclopedias I had were from the 70s. Being the nerd that I used to be I read most all of them. Dad also had some sort of geographic/cultural type encyclopedias which covered all sorts of groups of people from Scandinavians building ice buildings to the Naga and Kayan with their neck rings.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can look at a man and know if he was circumcised or not?

But seriously: if you walked up to a depressed guy and said, "what's the matter, impotency?" that would be sexist. There is no way to know that a man or a woman is dealing with one of these things all because they are a man or a woman.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I have. You have too. The fastest guy on the roster a couple of years ago was white.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes, women and PMS.

Wondering if an irritable woman suffers from PMS may prove to be an entirely incorrect assumption, but it’s not immediately invalid, or even unreasonable, but merely takes into account provably demonstrable and universally accepted fact.

I can’t make the leap between this, and the merely entertaining or mentioning of that possibility somehow makes me sexist.

So, we get back to my needing someone to define what sexism is, and which takes provable realities like this into account.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you look closely, the penis will look different.

A-Smith and JohnnyQuickkick like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You have to look closer for some more than others.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

American jews often don't identify as white. White supremacists definitely don't include them. How do you explain this?

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It's a medical condition.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are looking at his penis, you can talk about circumcision because you have more info than just that he is male.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm drawing a blank on that one.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You point out one player. I gave %'s yesterday for NFL. SEC mirrors the same. All players from different backgrounds, cities, family environment, household income. Some poor. Some attending 20k/year private schools. 13% of the population. 95% of SEC defenses. 95% of nfl speed positions.
    I'll move on as its going in circles, but sometimes the obvious is sitting right in front, but closed minds wont see anything.

12. Ssmiff

Palardy

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm an electrical worker, what do you guys call us behind our backs?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well I suppose you could use some of your other senses, but I would personally just use a visual inspection.

15. Ssmiff

Electroid

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bums.

EDIT: And the bums lost, sir!

kmf600 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wasn't zach rogers the fastest on the team at one point? Like in the 2013ish time?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If race is what matters, it should be 100%.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I find that difficult to believe. I don't think he was on the roster anymore at that point, either.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Depends on how closely he’s standing.

I could probably make a reasonable guess if he was recently circumcised, just kicked in the balls, etc.

If I saw a woman writhing on the ground, clutching her groin in agony, not one scintilla of my thought process would wonder if she was just kicked in the balls. If it were a man, that’d be my immediate assumption. Is that sexist?

No, you wouldn’t know if the cause of his depression was impotence, because that’s both not readily apparent and nearly all men don’t suffer with each. But then, wondering if the cause of his depression hadn’t derived from some personal disappointment and/or failed element of a relationship, and further considering that impotence is known to cause each to occur, wouldn’t automatically make me sexist, either. It wouldn’t make my assumption correct, but it wouldn’t make me sexist.

And much the same way that wondering if an irritable woman might be suffering from PMS doesn’t make me sexist, either.