POLITICS The Butina Affidavit

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Jul 17, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm a member of the NRA because I have to be to be a member of my gun range, because the NRA provides the insurance coverage for the range.

But I wouldn't be if I didn't have to be. I can't even get the American Hunter magazine without 15 articles about how someone's here to take something. But it's never my duck gun.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Then who, exactly, are these cats - from the DOJ’s press release (which I linked in a previous post)?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would be an acceptable source of analysis or commentary on the president, outside of his sphere?

4. Tenacious D

1. Put on your proof.

2. Do you mean funneling foreign money into US elections like the Clinton Foundation has inarguably been doing for years? Or is it a different kind of funnel (that one is alleged and the other is proven, aside).

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't know, they do not appear in the press release I linked, or at least I don't see them. This is not the same as the 12 russians indicted friday, or the group of russins indicted previously. I know it is hard to keep track.

6. Tenacious D

1. Ad hominem.

2. Your question predicates trusting the account of a Russian operative, does it not?

3. Not immediately believing the account of a Russian operative does not a conspiracy theorist make. But the opposite surely may.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. Their own financial reporting: https://www.guns.com/2018/05/09/nra-annual-revenue-expenses-for-2017/

2. Ya, funneling as in funneling. "What about" distractions aside

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Re: 2- The president trusts Russian government officials over US intel. Is he wrong to do that? If a Russian operative and us intel say the same thing, should we not believe them either? Only trump?

9. Tenacious D

The DOJ’s press release which I linked, and which also includes those names, is dated from this past Friday, July 13th, 2018.

Check it, again.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is not what this thread is about. My link is dated Monday for a woman not of that 12.

11. Tenacious D

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. Not in itself. The issue is that some of the donations come from overseas, and they also donate to campaigns. They say they keep it separate, but that's exactly what the clinton foundation did and you claim it is illegal.

13. Tenacious D

I don’t see her indictment on any link you’ve provided.

Totally trust your word that it exists, but just haven’t seen it.

14. Tenacious D

If true, and I have little reason to doubt you, then I do question it’s legality.

And if currently legal, it shouldn’t continue to be, IMO.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

1. Nah. See #3. If still disagree, then ok, agree.

2. Nope, just the words you typed. I trust that you typed them for some reason.

3. You typed it, and now don’t want to discuss it. What changed, other than a very specific question?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe she hasn't been indicted yet, her hearing is tomorrow

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

The easy work around is to set up a corporation and funnel money through it. With citizens united, the tunnels for foreign money are wide open

18. Tenacious D

1. Re-read, same assent.

2. No, not just “typed words” - your question as to why he greeted her “in Russian” was solely her account. And by “her” I mean, the Russian operative.

3. I’m happy to discuss anything. Want to circle back around to believing the singular account of a Russian operative?

19. Tenacious D

Well, that seems material to the thread, IP, but I appreciate your honesty.

20. Tenacious D

No idea if this is true and possible or not.

But, we agree that no foreign money should enter US politics.

Laws can be added, changed or removed.