POLITICS The Butina Affidavit

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Jul 17, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Butina is a Russian national who was indicted yesterday. Some interesting things in the affidavit that seem to fit into a larger narrative. No matter how one fills in the blanks of "political party" and such, it is disturbing. Particularly paragraph 31, in which a US person discussed being involved in a very private line of communication between the Kremlin and key "political party" leaders through the "gun rights organization."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/russ...agent-russian-federation-within-united-states

Perhaps coincidentally, she asked Trump a question on the campaign trail in 2015 regarding Russian relations. He gave a detailed response about trade policy and lifting the trade restrictions. Which is the only detailed foreign policy he ever gave on the trail, as if that were one issue he was really honed in on.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This investigation is a step or two from being the biggest scandal in American history and I'm not exaggerating, either.

Taking down the NRA, even just a few notches, would be a nice result, too.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't get why it isn't the lead already. This isn't 4chan, this is a federal affidavit, video, and pictures.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Your link doesn’t return the indictment, or anything (perhaps the DOJ has simply relocated it elsewhere in their site?).

The link below, also to the DOJ website, goes to the press release related to the indictments:

Two things that may be noteworthy:

1. I don’t see Butina’s name listed amongst the twelve (12) who were indicted, even when searching the page for first and last name. Perhaps I missed it, she’s listed separately or elsewhere, or she has an alias.

2. This paragraph (again, from the DOJ’s press release), may be relevant to the discussion:

Link: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/gran...ficers-hacking-offenses-related-2016-election

Insofar as her asking Trump a question, and his response to it, I’m not at all sure what your point is in mentioning that. But, asking a presidential candidate a question in the middle of a filled room and on camera seems a rather curious means toward a clandestine and/or nefarious end.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

She was not one of the 12, she is separate. The link to the affidavit is at the bottom of the page.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

My only point was that she was around, in plain sight and bumping elbows with important people. Something to keep an eye on.

8. Tenacious D

From your linked article:
    1. A woman who was later found to be a Russian operative posted photos of her meeting a Presidential candidate on the campaign trail. At a public campaign event. And which was attended by “thousands”. Gasp?

2. I won’t immediately discredit the information just because Mother Jones is the source. Too easy. And perhaps they are right.

3. Per the Russian operative, he greeted her in Russian and didn’t seem hostile to Russia. The presidential candidate...on the campaign trial...at a public event...while taking a picture with one of its many attendees...curiously didn’t take the opportunity to express hostility toward Russia. Ok.

4. And then Walker publicly posts the photo on his own website. As you do, with anything you wish to keep secret.

5. Walker’s spokesperson offers what seems to be an entirely reasonable explanation. Many approached him and had their picture taken with him, too. Ok, again.

6. So, posting these sort of meet-and-greet photos which are taken along the campaign trail is a completely common occurrence.

7. Walker’s spokesperson couldn’t corroborate the Russian operatives account of the events which she later posted on social media. Hm..which does IP wish me to believe, here?

8. Walker wasn’t named in her criminal indictment? Did they just overlook him / his involvement?

Does anyone know how secrets work, anymore?

Because this is the worst spy thriller, perhaps ever.

dc4utvols likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

I keep hearing this, but it’s not even the biggest scandal today, or perhaps even of this morning.

When’s it going to start picking up in tsunami-like fashion?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one was named, they're all masked

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

On this one alone, just to dig a bit... how did he know to greet her in Russian?

12. Tenacious D

The lead for whom, exactly?

The largely discredited and unbelievable MSM?

The former (and current?) leaders of the intelligence community who hate Trump?

The Never-Trumpers and radicalized liberals who seem willing (wanting? welcoming?) to sacrifice anything in order to invalidate Trump’s election, or to subdue or impeach his service as POTUS?

Perhaps it’s neither the volume nor the frequency of the message which is the problem, here, but the content.

13. Tenacious D

Entirely fair.

Is this like the other female operative who was “bumping around” with Fusion GPS, the Democrats black hat group and the progenitor of the fake Russian dossier?

Can we keep an eye on her - and any Russian operative - too?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

So there is no one outside trump's sphere you believe has any credibility. He is the arbiter of reality for you.

15. Tenacious D

This question is predicated on believing and trusting the accurate recounting of a Russian operative.

I’m not going to agree to that.

Nice try, Mueller.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She was wearing a Hard Rock Cafe Moscow T-shirt. Next question.

lylsmorr likes this.
  17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I don't understand the NRA hate. This isn't necessarily aimed at you, but everyone knows who the members of the NRA are, right? It's people that like to have and shoot guns. People pay money to be in it, and the people in it more than likely have the same views. I think there are more evil organizations to hope to take down a couple of notches. The insurance industry would be my first on that list. The NRA doesn't really sell anything besides tshirts and stickers, insurance sells the product that is here to keep us alive.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most of the NRA's money does not come from dues. There are allegations that it is used as a vehicle for funneling foreign money into us politics.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Conspiracy looks good on you. You shouldn't believe it. But you should fear its accuracy. As we all should.

20. Tenacious D

Have you so sincerely and thoroughly lost all account of yourself, as this?

Do you now need to build these entirely silly, ham-handed, half-assed, cockamamie straw men, and assign them to me, ostensibly, in some flailing hope of re-stating and attributing those beliefs and opinions which I have long held, and have clearly, consistently and been fantastically abundant in stating over and over, again?

I am certain that you are not only so much smarter, but plainly better, than this.

And that’s not an insult, whatsoever, but a statement of fact.