POLITICS Thanks, Mike.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 24, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The consulate security is a fair question and it falls on Hillary as the leader at the helm.

But that’s as far as I’ll go.

It is pretty clear to me from our response on the ground to response in the days afterward that State was caught between the CIA and a hard place with the annex and the nature of the attacks. No one wanted attention drawn to what the CIA was doing in Benghazi - either physically or their actions. And the annex security was pressured to stay in place to defend the base of operations for those activities

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Actually think it might have been closer. Yes, would have been nice not to hear about all the other BS.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And she may be gearing up to run in 2020.

And before anyone yells at me - name someone on the Dem side who will beat her out.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No clue because the Dems couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a briefcase full of 100's.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

People just hate Hillary. Hate. White hot hate her. And have for 30 years.

I don’t want to start a flame war here, but I don’t think that the Dems truly understood, or perhaps they too easily tried to explain away, how deeply and sincerely people hate that woman.

If you ask me to name a more thoroughly and consistently hated person over the last 30 years, I’d struggle to name someone ahead of her.

The Clinton Foundation stuff didn’t help.

The Bill shit has never stuck to her, even for people like me, again, who detest her.

6. Tenacious D

It’s utterly inexcusable that they’ve allowed themselves to become what they are today - fractured, rudderless and damned near bankrupt. You couldn’t have scripted it any better than what they’ve done to themselves.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well I believe you - it’s the only thing that can explain the Trump presidency.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dress for the job you want...

[​IMG]

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She’ll be in a motorized wheelchair by 2020. She’s done.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yup. She looks like she has aged more than president years.

She is done.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris for sure. Deval Patrick and Joe Biden would have a legit shot also. She's done, no chance the Democrats go in that direction again.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Democrats should just bite the bullet and nominate Mitt Romney.

Romney/Biden for a Better America. #romden.

There. Slogan and hashtag. It writes itself.

It’s still more left than Trump/Pence, and has a shot.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Elizabeth Warren would be fun.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Young democrats will not vote in large enough numbers for a candidate that doesn't have a strong progressive platform on at least one issue. That was part of Hillary's problem, she wasn't much of a progressive, relative to the democratic perspective.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She wasn't much of anything. Seriously, what was her campaign based on, "I'm a woman, vote for me" or "I'm not Trump"

Tenacious D, kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People look at her and say "well, I can't blame him" in regards to his whoring around

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Offer free college and I think you get most young Dems to come out and vote. Not sure how that would effect the older dems though.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't know enough about Patrick really to comment, but of those listed, Booker would be the best bet IMO.

Still think D's best hope would be to get behind a more-moderate candidate from middle-America. I don't think they are smart enough to do that though.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, a few years ago no one thought America was dumb enough to vote for an aspiring far right autocrat either, and yet here we stand.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The Russian shit and the email server stuff had very little to do with me not liking her. I believe she is a terrible, terrible human, but yeah, the I'm a woman and not Trump stuff lacked imagination. I believe the middle class thought he was the best thing for them. The make America great stuff is what middle class American believers in. It's what me and my coworkers talk about all the time. We used to get most of our equipment from companies that made their product in America. For a couple of years now, we've seen most of our stuff is made in Mexico, and it isn't less expensive. What's the point in making everything in Mexico if it is the same price?