Fire Stick

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CitrusCo.Vol, Jul 29, 2018.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That would be hard for me. I loathe Comcast to the point I’d perhaps not even buy a house should they be my only option. I don’t want to say never, and wouldn’t blame anybody else, but I’d have to strongly consider it.

justingroves likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would recommend both to anybody.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

We have AT&T as our service provider right now and it is bundled with our DirectTV. The service provider thing is the biggest question mark for us right now. We are paying about $90/month for unlimited internet. It works fine and all of the devices seem to work without any latency but it seems expensive. Not sure whether there is a cheaper service provider out there that offers comparable service or if I need to just stick with what I have.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the main thing that keeps me from cutting the cord again is I'm afraid I won't be able to pick up anything with the HD antenna. I've used both Sling and PSVue and liked them both well enough, but there's a lot more options to look at now, too

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will probably research this. I'm getting tired of paying as much as I do.

6. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

https://www.antennaweb.org/

I've used this site to determine stations that can be received.
    It's fairly conservative cause when I put the antenna in the attic, I could pick up more than listed.

www.tvfool.com is another site

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I also have one of those in house antenna for network and local channels that works pretty well. I really don't miss too much in the off season.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I live between 2 mountains in Townsend, I don’t even get a cell signal

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

used to get some good moonshine from a Koella brother from Townsend

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is there any that allow like 6+ TV's?

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think so. Cable or satellite is still the best bet from what I’ve seen.

12. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

yep, that could poise a problem :-(
    but i bet you have a tremendous view :)

13. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Looks like the majority have 2 or 3 TV's

[​IMG]

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you have 6+ TVs in your house, I’m guessing most don’t care about saving a few bucks by cutting the cord.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I disagree. At least for me if I can save a penny I will. No matter if I need to or not. It's in my blood.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I wish someone would come up with a service that could do at minimum 4 TV's at once. What is the issue with offering more TV's at once?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m cool with it but I think we can run up to two TVs at the same time on most of our streaming stuff.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

People would share login and password and split the bill in multiple households

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Could it be policed by only getting used on one wifi device? So it's only one household.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I’ve got four roommates and the combination of accounts between our own, siblings, parents and girlfriends is insane. I don’t think there’s anything we don’t have.