POLITICS NRA in financial trouble, per the NRA

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Aug 3, 2018.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hear me out on this. I'll explain at the end.

Since the GAU Vulcan 8 is a gun/cannon and it's a really long gun, should it be legal for me to own one?

I ask only because I REALLY REALLY would like to have one.

2. JayVols

You forgot the 30mm GAU Vulcan 8 cannon system. One can NEVER forget this awesome piece of absolute destruction.

Just sayin'.

3. JayVols

Sigh.

I know how Rodney Dangerfield felt now. No respect for the Vulcan 8.....

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was a kid in the 90's

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It isn't man portable, and wouldn't be considered "arms." It is a type of cannon.

Or are we back to concluding that anything that moves a projectile down a barrel is in fact a protected "arm?" So airsoft guns, and pellet guns, and blow guns and really, straws, with paper, are 2A arms?

This is a stance you want to validate?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is a blow gun not an arm?

7. fl0at_

So you retract your previous, and now agree that people in fact did have AR-15s when you were a kid, otherwise... what the [uck fay] do you think they were they banning, things people didn't have?

8. fl0at_

How is a straw with a paper wad in it not a blowgun?

Oh IP... you should have been kicked out of elementary school for having arms on campus.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was a kid. No one was selling ar-15's. No one had them. That's my statement. I didn't know anything about a ban.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Firearms. No firearms on campus. You like words, right?

11. fl0at_

You were a kid in 1994? So in 1993, when people were buying and selling AR-15s, what were you if not a kid?

12. fl0at_

I love words. If you want to conclude that straws are arms because they are precursor units for blowguns, and blowguns are arms, then I agree.

We have to ban straws!

13. fl0at_

And pens, because that's just a blowgun tube that is temporarily capped. And removing the cap is assembling a weapon.

Ban pens!

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Blissfully unaware of ar-15's, despite frequently being around and firing all sorts of guns.

Are you saying more people don't own them now vs then?

Hell, I saw more AK's than ar-15's in the early 2000's

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dislike the use of plastic straws, so I am amenable to this.

16. fl0at_

The law actually, well, generally, says "weapons" by the way. Which is what "arms" are.

17. JayVols

I told you exactly the purpose of the question. I'm not smart enough for this 5 dimensional holographic chess stuff. I had no ulterior motive whatsoever.

18. fl0at_

These are the words you said. Read them. Read them again. Read them a third time.

"Didn't have" doesn't mean "I wasn't aware because I didn't know shit about anything, and nothing has changed.'

It literally means 'DIDN'T HAVE'

19. fl0at_

I think you should have one Jay, but you don't have a right to one.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you under the impression that this is somehow supporting the notion that these can not be made into arms, or that 3D printing guns can be justifiably picked out and banned? A pencil can clearly be wielded as a weapon. Long stick are easily converted to arms and have been for tens of thousands of years at least. What of it? I'm not the one arbitrarily deciding shitty 3D guns are the line.