POLITICS NRA in financial trouble, per the NRA

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Aug 3, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care if it is a sailor's mop, we shouldn't be charging for predictable damage to items when no negligence occurred

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea. But it happens. And it isn’t worth the fight.

That’s the military. You pick your hills.

For example when I discharged, like everyone else I had to go through a physical. In service, everything is service connected, so if you leave with a clean bill of health, then it couldn’t have been service related, right?

So they found a murmur. And it was either that we documented that there was no murmur, and I could leave, or they had to do a work up and I had to remain on active duty until they finished.

So we documented that everything was perfect, and my ass left.

I have an inverted SA node, and my heart stops beating periodically for a few seconds when I sleep.

But I got off active duty. You pick your fights. And VA found all that stuff so it isn’t like I just had to suck it up.

Poppa T likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, that is a system problem and should be corrected. Universal healthcare fixes that

4. fl0at_

I feel ok without it, though. I’m probably immortal anyway.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not after 2016, friend.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I came to this thread in the beginning, before the conversation made it all the way to left field where 3d printed bricks had a right to transform into guns and gun accessories or whatnot, to simply post that if you've ever been a member of the NRA, you'd know they are always just about out of money. You'd know because they'd let you know. They are the beggingest beggar organization I can think of outside of St. Jude's, and I forgive St. Jude's and encourage everyone to donate money or run their marathon so you can get 2-3 emails a week telling you why you should give them money.

7. fl0at_

The last two years they’ve been out of money, and up against all the gun grabbers.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

SWEET!

But it's a 30mm cannon...

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I figured as such. It's mismanagement in my opinion. It's hard to get behind an organization that seems to believe that lobbying is the only service that should matter. I dropped my membership about 15 years ago or so, but it was as much to do with the constant nagging for money as anything. I believe I told the guy on the phone to leave me the hell alone after he had gone about halfway down the script one evening. If they called back, my wife fielded the call.

10. fl0at_

I’m forced to carry a membership due to the NRA providing the insurance at our gun range.

I pick up a couple/5 year membership every couple years when they run specials, and then ignore the rest.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I feel like if I put my mind to it, i could build about anything

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I thought the Russians were funding them behind the scenes