Fall Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Aug 3, 2018.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Typically I would 100% agree. But he had some serious [itch bay] ass moment last year.

Again. Probably Lyle related.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

More than not was Lyle related

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Teams take on the identity of their head coach.

4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Field looks to be in better condition this year. They held a high school jamboree at Neyland and it held up well.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is amazing what happens when you listen to your grounds guy and not try to keep it in game shape 24/7/365.

JayVols likes this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

So very true. Really, this can be said for leadership in general for anything.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch: "I need it green year round for recruiting!"

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I know the head grounds guy through a mutual friend and it’s safe to say he didn’t like Butch. Butch practiced on the field more than guy recommended and then wondered why it looked like shit

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did anyone like or even tolerate Jones?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

@Ssmiff

JayVols, emainvol and chef65 like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Joking or serious or both, you wont find a post saying I liked him anywhere. Voice drove me crazy and I dont like most people i've met from Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio. Used to be in Kalamazoo often. They seem robotic.
    Thought he was recruting well, which ended up not being as good as i thought, though we did have and have some talent and were top 15 I think.
    We started putting up some points for the first time in years, scored on special teams, and at the time were a 7 turnover game with 600 yards offense from being ranked close to #5. Hindsight im glad that didnt happen. But yes, I was entertained and happy when we were top 10. Had nothing to do with Butch, who drove me to ditch my season tickets.
    Youll not find a post saying i liked him, he was the man, he was a good coach, he was going to get us to the sec champ game, etc. Not one. Hardly posted about him. He sucked when i got up and left the UF game with the fumble at the end of the 3rd quarter trying to trick them instead of step on their throats. UF was done. And we got cute. I left. Cancelled my tickets the next day and gave the rest of the season to charity. Doesnt do me personally any good to bash him and say he sucked 1000 times on here or wherever.
    The truff

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saying he sucks a thousand times can be cathartic

14. Ssmiff

Oh yeah but also can get the BP up. I gotta move on. Everytime I think about Schiano wearing the T with Currie introducing him, i fee tension mounting. I dont even think about Butch. Dont hate him. Dont care. Ambidextrous about him.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Okay. Predictions on depth chart?

DE- Phillip/Butler
    NT- Tuttle/Gooden
    DT- Johnson/
    Jack-Taylor/Kongbo
    MLB-Bituli/Sapp
    MLB-Kirkland/Sapp
    CB-Taylor/Buchanon
    CB-Osborne/Thompson
    NB-Sham/Lab
    FS-Flowers/Abernathy
    SS-Warrior/TKJ

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Even the band director told Butch to [uck fay] off

snoball5278 and Memtownvol like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pretty close to what I am expecting except Buchannon is starting opposite of Taylor and Harris is the 2 deep behind Johnson. NB will be played by a lot of guys.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Haven’t heard much about Osborne. So I’d be a little surprised if he’s a starter.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Shamburger seemed pretty capable at corner, where we are thin. Now they seem to want him at safety, the one position we seem to have good depth. Seems an odd move to make.

20. Ssmiff

Sham got big. Plus he is either 21 or 22 already. Would like to see him and nigel up in the box some.
    Wondering where a guy like Deandre Johnson fits. And Emerson talk has gone quiet.