Your Officially Official season prediction thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Get at least one win from Bama/Georgia/Auburn/Florida/WVU and at least one loss out Vandy/Kentucky/Missouri/South Carolina. If I put South Carolina in the first group, it puts me at 6-6, but I just can't believe in a Muschamp-coached team without elite talent to be as good as they're cracked up to be.

7-5

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

AU is prime to blow up. Their best years seem to come when they are not expected to contend. Gus was gonna get run last year if they don't figure out how to clip UGA and Bama at the end last year.

My logic.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Auburn will not finish the year in the top 25.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

WVU - W/L - honest toss up
    ETSU - W
    UTEP - W
    Florida - W
    UGA - L
    Auburn - L
    Bama - L
    SC - L
    Charlotte - W
    Kentucky - W
    Mizzou - W
    Vandy - W

WVU can just as easily be a loss as it could be a win. I think if we do a good job pressuring Grier into mistakes and our back 8 play well, we can easily beat them as I see our O playing ball control and just ramming the ball down their throat. This game sets the trajectory for the season IMO.

I'm not buying the Florida hype. I don't buy it on Mullen and their squad is vaunted in name only in terms of talent. If we go into that game 3-0, the crowd will be the deciding factor. We have on roster 2 5* and 29 4*. Florida has 2 5* and 30 4*. The talent gap is almost non-existent, for what recruiting services matter. Also, [uck fay] Florida in general.

The rest of it is rough. That UF/UGA/AUB/BAMA/USC stretch is damned rough. I think we could probably extract a win from USC if it wasn't at the tail end of getting our shit pushed in.

If we stay healthy, we should be able to sweep November a la the Fulmer redemption lap.

6. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I really dont care. We are going in and down swinging and the W's will come when we do consistently.
    We have a 5* nfl OT, another 5* that has hopefully matured at RT and a center that played for and practiced against the best DL at Bama. We are going to try to find your lb on the first or 2nd level and get on him instead of hoping he runs into us.
    We are gonna try to shove some people around and i dig it.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

7-5 leaning toward 6-6 more than 8-4.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  9. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

You must like [penis], you talk about it so much. Let's go back to last year's predictions at the first of the year. Same old bullshit....9 -3 ...10 -2. Where did we end up 4 - 8.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sack up

11. Ssmiff

8-4

chavisut likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

10-2 if we had ole miss and ms st instead of auburn and bama

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Were we predicting that? I thought we were dooming and glooming.

kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Tell me where you will be in 14 hours and I'll start driving right now so you can start with mine.

15. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

That sounds more like VN

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Coach of the year if that happens

17. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I'll be at the game dressed in orange.

kmf600 likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The only person that may have predicted over 8 was Luna

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

WV and UF set the tone. The mid season gauntlet will make the back half substantially harder to finish without a split or sweep of those 2.

I think Sat is the more difficult of the 2. The 2 scrimmages before UF comes to Neyland makes that the more winnable of the 2 IMO.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Where I’m at