Your Officially Official season prediction thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 30, 2018.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Because Auburn has recently underperformed when ranked highly in the preseason they most likely will do so this year.

Because Tennessee has sucked ass for the past decade they will suck ass this year.

Same logic. I like this board because most everybody gets football. That Auburn trend and that Tennessee trend aren’t the will of the universe. They were caused by Tuberville hiring dogshit OC’s and the Johnson’s, Jeremy and Ellis, and Tennessee hiring two all time awful football coaches.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I just thought it was funny, and I couldn't remember what kind of logic we use in our scada and PLCs

justingroves likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And because [uck fay] Auburn

kmf600 likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tommy Tuberville has nothing to do with Malzahn in 2015 or 2016

NYY likes this.
  5. RockyHill

People often reference 2003 as one of those years for Auburn, that’s why I said it. Gus screwed himself by betting the farm on Jeremy Johnson. Now he’s got a likely first rounder starting, a Nick Marshall type backing him up and a five star coming in next year.

Look, he may manage to f**k it all up and get fired. Totally possible. But he’s absolutely grown as a coach. This UW game is a crucial moment for him, no doubt. Another slow start on O, it could be ugly. If you get peak Gus, Auburn night straight up wax Washington.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's the same coach he's always been

7. RockyHill

If you think that then you weren’t watching the Georgia and Alabama games closely enough. I’m not saying Auburn won’t lose another game for the same reasons they lost to LSU and Georgia last year, and those reasons weren’t unfamiliar to Auburn fans, but Gus definitely showed a willingness to concede a little control and alter the offensive approach ever so slightly, and it’s why they whipped UGA’s ass and beat Alabama with as much ease as anyone has in a while.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sure

9. RockyHill

Weak.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would be thinking Gus Malzahn is some reborn coaching star.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn talk.

[uck fay] Auburn.

Go big [uck fay]ing Orange.

12. RockyHill

Did I say that? Wth. I’m not saying anything earth shattering. He’s grown. Which isn’t shocking for a guy with so little college experience when he became an SEC head coach. He learned his lesson about QB recruiting. He learned his lesson about locker room cancers after Duke Williams. He learned his lesson about having to play D in the SEC after the ‘14 Iron Bowl. Hopefully he’s learned his lesson about running his RB1 into the ground.

I appreciate that you hate Auburn but damn I don’t get why it’s hard to have an honest conversation.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Save the Auburn discussion for the moments of silence between strained bowel pushes in a public restroom, where it belongs.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yep.

But we can’t have an honest conversation about it. Allegedly.

15. RockyHill

I’ll eat crow if Auburn finishes outside the top 25. Will you if they go 10-2?

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sure. But it’s not happening.

17. RockyHill

You are aware that 8-4 is top 25 with their schedule, right?

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’m fully aware.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Actually eating raw, dead crow would be a welcome temporary respite from the existence of a 10-2 Auburn team and their revolting fans.

20. RockyHill

Ok, then he can eat a pussay. I know he has children and was presumably straight at one point but based on the general discourse here I’m inclined to believe it would be fair punishment.