Hilary Rosen's Comments on Ann Romney

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding

obama has been playing on people's stupidity and emotions for years now and it's worked.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Funny how each side of the aisle thinks anyone who falls for the other's BS is just stupid. Probably both right.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Obama definitely took it to the next level by basically campaigning and winning on a handful of one-word slogans and artistic renderings of pensive photographs.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

much of what he says has to be bs. otherwise he literally has no economic advisors that give it to him straight. romney is full of it as well btw.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I'm skeptical that economic wizards know as much as they think they know. Economists that I talk to have a tendency to build models of relationships that are so divorced from the nuances of reality that despite revealing some general mechanisms and what-not, are hopelessly inadequate in describing the real world.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sorry, I thought that was what political campaigns did. I recall a certain candidate who had a one letter slogan.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's when he says things like: "speculators cause high gas prices," "wall street greed caused the economic collapse," "millions of americans for no fault of their own got taken advantage of by lenders" and "the rich getting richer hurts the economy" is when he's preaching doctrine with zero economic basis. i'm not talking about economic projections.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Speculators do influence gas prices. Do they "cause" them? No, but then I doubt we agree on what causes them. I say it is ever-growing demand and limited supply. You probably think it is just a matter of increasing the extraction of supply.

The rest of it I don't agree with, but understand that he's not speaking economics. He's definitely speaking politics.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i agree it's increased demand and limited supply. though there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that we could reduce gas prices in this country by increasing domestic supply.

He's speaking politics, but he's flat out lying for political reasons. either that or no one has explained to him that what he is saying is wrong. I also love when he says union labor is the key to a strong economy.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

"W" represented a person that had spent four years in office and was pretty dang well defined. It wasn't some abstract concept like "hope" or "change" with basically zero plans or ideas for actually achieving said hope and change.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, okay. A letter says it all. "Hope" and "change" means nothing...

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bush wasn't giving speeches on the letter W. That was just a catchy bumper sticker for the incumbent. You knew what you were getting with W. you had been getting it for the last four years. Obama was a politician that had done virtually nothing. He literally would get up there and just talk about how it was time for Americans to hope for change in Washington. That was his platform.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

romney's campaign is shockingly similar

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

And you didn't like it or him, so you didn't vote for him. I get that. I don't think that means he is an absolute cretin and anyone who found his message appealing is a sheep.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He will hopefully begin to focus on his better grasp/ plan for America's economy. He'll have to play a lot on how bad Obama sucks, though.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

All campaigns of the party not in power are similar. All of them. That is why I find these lines of commentary so humorous. I remember when it was the Dems seething and chewing nails about everything having to do with W. How he was unfit for office because of this or that, had no idea how things worked, etc.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I never said that. However, there were a hell of a lot of sheep. Whoever called him the American Idol president had it right on. People were taking down there Kings of Leon (or whatever the hell college kids liked in 2008) posters to put up the Obama campaign poster.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He sucked pretty bad, which had a lot to do with Obama winning an election.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some say we haven't had a good President since Reagan. Some say since Clinton. Everyone agrees that it's been a shits show since. So why are people stupid for picking one cow pie over another?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think anyone is stupid for political affiliation. I think the legions of college kids who worshipped Obama as some genius savior of our nation but basically knew nothing about him beyond his oratory abilities we're fairly stupid. If you simply preferred Obama win, that's one thing. If you openly wept on election night, get real.