Auburn

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 1, 2018.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t like Auburn.
    Auburn can just go to hell.
    Therefore, [uck fay] Auburn.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

William Ernest Henley was most certainly in Auburn when writing this.

[uck fay] Auburn.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have seen 19.5 now

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My first thought is that that number is insane.

My second thought is that I've underestimated how bad we are.

Either Auburn gets their shit together and covers that number, or it's a one-score game either way and doesn't even come close. Not really seeing a 2-3 score loss here.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

My utterly obnoxious Auburn fan co-worker (who has an annoying habit of being consistently right about his CFB prognostications...) assures me that due to a number of factors (including, but not limited to Auburn’s propensity to play poorly on noon kicks and Stidham’s failure to live up to his billing) Tennessee will win this Saturday.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I've had this one circled as a potential upset for a while now. I'm not sure that I'm ready to call a win, but I think we're going to have a real shot. Our best shot to get to six starts with a W this weekend, because I'm not sure we can go 3-1 against South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, and Missouri.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

These next two Saturday’s are going to be tough to get through.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This week doesnt look near as bad as it did at the beginning of the year. I don't think we win but I also dont think we get blown off the field.

The next week will be ugly.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's winnable.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes, it is.

But this + Barn’s bad loss on Saturday = they’re going to kick the ever-loving shit out of Tennessee, if given any chance at all to do so.

lylsmorr likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Lot of bizarro talk going on. This thread is all about

[uck fay] Auburn

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not convinced of that. Definitely possible, but I'm not sure they show up for a 2-3 team for an 11am local kick. Opportunity should be there. Whether we take advantage or not is a different story.

That said, if Auburn shows up and plays like they can, it'll be a long day.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Auburn's issues are not motivation or playing with high emotion. Its playing good sound football. They re not struggling because they are lethargic and now MSU (after LSU) has woke them up.

14. Beechervol

AU still controlled their own destiny going into Starkville where they laid an egg.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

16. Savage Orange

Not sure I’d call what they laid in Starkvegas an “egg”... I wish they’d have held that turd hostage for another week. I doubt they’ll play that poorly two weeks in a row but you never know.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree. Auburn wakes up and rolls UT, in my opinion.

18. Beechervol

Auburn?

It would actually be 3 weeks in a row. There performance against Southern Miss was anything but pretty.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Beechervol

May happen but I don't think its just a matter of waking up. They're just not playing very well specifically on the OL.

20. Savage Orange

True. I think we have a puncher’s chance to get the dub but the O-line is going to have to have substantially improved over the off week. I do think Stidham will help UT out, I just hope Gitmo/Banks don’t return the favor...