POLITICS Kanye Gonna Kanye

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 1, 2018.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

“No one I know” doesn’t mean jack shit, but you know that already

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't have an instagram account, doubt I ever will, but the John Axford I Saw via twitter road trip has been entertaining.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Instagram can be used for any number of things - from posting pics of fish you caught to places you’ve been to meals you ate or beers you drank. People post about their kids going to school or playing sports. Or you can post memes, videos or political statements. My wife uses it to promote and advertise her side business. You can look at pages and pages of dogs if you want. You can use it to embarrass your spouse if you want, or just be funny. Or both.

So basically the exact same thing as Facebook. They’re even owned by the same company.

You could even follow Teen Vogue if you want.

As for what need it fulfills, what “need” does any social media platform fulfill? They’re all ways to keep up with friends, family, network and get news. I’m sure there’s more than that too. That’s just what I can think of.

NashVol11 likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Time waster.

justingroves likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fair, and thanks.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

What is the purpose of Indy's existence?

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Old people said Facebook was for losers, and 2 years later, old people were all over Facebook. Lots of young people migrated to Instagram, which is now “for losers,” and probably the same thing will happen. IMO

RockyHill likes this.
  8. Tenacious D

Back on topic, can someone please explain how this is in any way ok?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It isn't. It is actually pretty damn sad.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I signed up specifically to follow Elon. He posts a lot of cool SpaceX/Tesla stuff on there. I don't post anything myself, though.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. NorrisAlan

As an addition, I don't understand how in 2018 we can still think of someone not being "black enough". And as blacks make more money, the black community is going to have to understand that the political stratification will change in the black demographic.

12. Tenacious D

Is it racism?

13. NorrisAlan

I think it is the, excuse the term, "gang mentality". You "escaped" the environment that made our gang and now you are doing something different than us? You are a sell out and not a real person. No, he is an individual human being that, just like the rest of humanity, has differing views. It is the breaking up of the homogeneity of the black community, and it makes a lot of people in that community uncomfortable.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's also because the homogeneity represented the one form of power for this community, for many years.

15. NorrisAlan

Of course, and now it is changing. So there is going to be some backlash against change.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Instagram is top notch for T&A.

Ssmiff, CardinalVol and Volst53 like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The footage of him at the White House today was next level. Its hard to even watch.

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Just saw it. Very difficult to watch. I actually felt bad for Trump; very awkward scene.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It was predictable if anything.

We dont mind if your ignorant, uneducated or just plain dumb. As long as you dont cross that threshold.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Trump is rarely at a loss for words but he looked speechless.