Pruitt’s Promise

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 20, 2018.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Lot to be said there. I tell my guys defensively every week... the greatest defensive mind of football has one rule... “do your job.” Now it’s my job to prepare you for your job... but just do what you are supposed to do. It’s no accident Pruitt is harping in 11 guys doing what they’re supposed to do every play.

The funny thing is... that’s almost as impossible in any level of football. But dammit... that’s his goal. And by God he’s going to keep harping on their ass until they do.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Like a fat kid with the ice cream truck rolling by.

NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Theres a reason why the Sabans of the world dont have down years.

When you re relentless and never relax even when you dominate you can stiff arm complacency.

Memtownvol, NYY and Dalekanium like this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I really do get a kick out of Pruitt embracing the challenge of switching Banks to LB. It's a simple thing, but he's trying to get anything he can out of a player who's willing to bust his ass.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My DB’s coach in college used to yell at guys who got interceptions but made small mistakes during the play. If you blew your coverage or were out of position but managed to get a pick, you knew you were coming off the field to an ass chewing.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I believe Pruitt is this type of coach. We will see player development like we haven't seen in ages.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Worked for Greg Lloyd

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We haven’t seen a modicum of a player developing through coaching since Sam Pittman left campus.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If you aim for the bullseye you might just hit it. Even if you dont, your group of shots will be much closer to the target than someone who isn't aiming for the target.

I dont know any who hit target when they're not aiming at it, whether that be lack of sight or complete unawareness of where the target is (trumpet blower). If they do hit it, its luck and luck is not something to rely on time and time again for anything. Very deep logic and reasoning here but you get the point.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is something that frustrated the hell out of me with the last staff (1 of many things). This staff is willing to try anything to win now instead of staying the course because that's what the chart says. Coaches that want to win know how to get creative and move players around to get their best group on the field.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Get your best athletes on the field. Hilarious banks asking him during Ga game. I bet Pruitt loves that kid.

13. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

You win the Life Championship™ by having 5* Hearts. I have approached Coach Saban's secretary about talking to Coach about awarding our team the Life Championship after all of the hardship we have been through this year. I am sure to have an answer soon.

Roll Tide.

14. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

I was the greatest practice coach of all time. I have many texts from coaches all over college football telling me so. You should have seen the notes the players left me, as well.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and Ssmiff like this.
  15. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

Coach Saban loves me. Do you know how hard it is to find Little Debbies in Tuscaloosa these days? The fans down here eat them by the caseload, supporting their team. I don't like to brag, but I have an in with the distributor. Those cakes don't get on Coach's desk by themselves.

Roll Tide

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I hope after you're done blowing Saban and he blows a load in your eye, it gets infected and you go blind. [uck fay] you butch.

17. lol vol

lol vol Member

Lyle would always tell the press “I’ll never apologize for a win.” I think Pruitt would apologize if App. State took his team to overtime, or beat UMass by a field goal.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't recall Lyle ever apologizing for a loss, either. Why would he, though? It was always someone else's fault.

Memtownvol and lol vol like this.
  19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

And he has plenty of texts from his peers to back up that position

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. Butch Jones

Butch Jones Small Member

I never apologize for a win. Those close wins took Tennessee to their first back to back 9 win seasons since 2007.

Now, excuse me, I have to go take Coach's car to the car wash and then wipe it with a cloth diaper.

Roll Tide.