POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Hey, if I try to make a point and somehow end up making the argument against me within the same sentence, let me know.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He won in 2016 because he was deemed the less shitty candidate among two shitty candidates by enough people in the right locales (He didn't even have more overall votes). This revisionist mythology that he ran away with that election and will in the future doesn't reflect the reality of the electorate. He will have a fight on his hand, whomever it is (And it won't be Hillary).

I also vehemently disagree he "changed the game". There's no reason to think the Democrats need to find their own Trump. Voting was actually down in 2016 and people fed up and annoyed with the tenor of the campaign. Obama and Reagan-style inspiration is still the #1 method of getting the vote and creating a dominant electoral victory.

tvolsfan and gcbvol like this.
  3. Unimane

Democrats could rail all they want, but what power did they have? Practically none. The media was a fight he chose to fight, but they still don't pass any laws. If he had any problems passing anything, it's his own damn fault. He had everything set up for him to do so. Your whining is about not having absolute power, which no one, hopefully, will ever have.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Oh, definitely. Avenatti and/or HRC in 2020 is a conservative wet dream.

5. Unimane

That's not what happened on Tuesday.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Wasn’t it? Results were pretty favorable for Trump, imo, jmo.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

based on how the Electoral College operates, I am not sure. Democrats gained a lot of seats in the House.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It wasn't the BLUE WAVE I kept hearing about was coming.

9. gcbvol

True, but it was still a blue wave.

10. Unimane

Not really. The House was lost and Democrats won about 2/3rds of the Senate races. The location of the Senate races certainly saved Trump, especially being able to flip seats in very conservative states like North Dakota and Indiana. Two years ago, I though Republicans might be pushing 60 seats after this election, based upon what Senate seats were up. But, it wasn't good for him, outside of a few races.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is poweder a fancy word that I need to look up, or is it really powder misspelled?

gcbvol likes this.
  12. gcbvol

Good question. Chafing is a real issue for folks working outdoors down here. Might be an awesome new skin savior.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Let me know if it works for swamp ass

14. gcbvol

I have no idea what that is and definitely not googling it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You ever go to a 4 hour football game, when it's real hot? How's your ass and balls feel after 2 and a half hours sitting on that hot, hard, aluminum bleecher?

16. gcbvol

Terrible.

Also, did you intend to make that a semi-erotic post? Because you did.

lylsmorr and kmf600 like this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Gold Bond.

Green bottle. It’s like frostbite on your nuts.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, I went to the Duluth ball sack underwear and I'll powder up if I know I'm getting myself in a swamp ass situation

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I did not think that Obama would be re-elected in 2012; especially considering his 2010 mid-term shellacking. You taught me in 2012 just how hard it is to unseat an incumbent President.