POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

As entertaining as Avenatti is, the Democrats aren’t falling for it. If he keeps it up, and risks even becoming a distant side show of distraction, they’ll grind him into poweder.

2. Tenacious D

The candidate who can best mimic Trump’s playbook insofar as plain-speaking and maintaining a constant and combatively unwavering commitment to a core set of sensible and largely agreeable ideals by most reasonable people - while simply avoiding just a fraction of his many personal negatives, silliness, shenanigans, etc. - will beat him, and anyone else, in an absolute landslide.

Until that candidate emerges, and does this - nobody will beat Trump, or even come close to it. You’d better find this person and get them coached up ASAP, or hope you can impeach him, or he’s going to get 4 more years.

He didn’t win in ‘16 because he was perfectly suited for most, but because he was at least damned closer to it, insofar as truly believing and doing exactly what he said he’d do. It’s got nothing whatsoever to do with all of the window dressing - the harsh sayings, the brazen tactics, the sometimes over-the-top stances - that most people so hate him for and too often get caught up in. Any notion that someone is going to either out-Trump Trump (see: Warren, Elizabeth; Booker, Corey), or beat him by merely being his opposite and mirrored image (see: Harris, Kamala; Sanders, Bernie; Biden, Joe; Beto, Beto), is pure fantasy and utter folly.

Trump’s election changed the game, for better or worse.

Love him, hate him, doubt it, decry it, hold your breath and stomp your feet in denial of that fact, but it’s absolutely the truth - and now, someone is going to have to beat him at this new game, but without simultaneously becoming him.

It’s a tough ask, but only insofar as they fail to see what truly makes Trump, Trump, and why he won.

The candidate that does this will boat race him, as all of this negative sentiment toward him will have an outlet, and will utterly swallow him.

IMO, IMHO.

I’m certain that I am wrong, and that no one should read - much less believe - a word of this.

dc4utvols likes this.
  3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

100% agree with you Tenny.

4. Tenacious D

Nobody is ever more popular on any team, than the backup QB.

Butthole and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

A senator.

dc4utvols likes this.
  6. GahLee

I didnt even come up with it.

7. GahLee

No resistance? Ok, you aren't to be taken seriously. Got it.

8. GahLee

Only on losing teams. Nobody is more popular than the starting qb, who wins.

9. GahLee

Matter of perspective. The fact that he won at all was massive. He should have never been in that position. Democrats need to blame themselves for being such an arrogant group. They thought Hilary was gonna walk right in.

There isnt a dem with a chance. Not right now. Maybe by the time it really matters they will. I have zero faith they can pull it off.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I don't see how this is counter to my position. It is the personal negatives, shenanigans and silliness which continue to feed the polarization. And it's intentional. He's done some good as POTUS, but his favorability is shit because of all the 'other'.

I agree about having a sincere, clear and unwavering message with broad appeal. I think (hope) we can get that from someone who also has a sincere desire to unite versus divide.

11. GahLee

Dems let him run wild during the Kavanaugh hearings. Now they want him to go away. As his lies and slander hurt them and not the opposition. You made your bed with that piece of shit, enjoy the VD.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He had both the House and Senate. He had pretty much free reign to do what he wanted, but was so inept and careless that he couldn't often get his own party fully behind him. Your conception of this as him being undermined and facing fierce resistance is silly. He, basically, had about as much freedom to push through his agenda as any president in the modern era and, yet, so may of you choose to pursue this nonsense victimization route of him being stymied at every turn.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

In a national election, there are more Democratic voters. It's just a matter of motivating them to vote and in the right places. There's only been one election since the 80s where a Democrat hasn't received more votes, so your theory that Trump, who is widely reviled, will win in a walk is absurd.

14. GahLee

Do you even listen to yourself?

"He had pretty much free reign to do what he wanted, but was so inept and careless that he couldn't often get his own party fully behind him. Your conception of this as him being undermined and facing fierce resistance is silly."

Democrats have railed against his every move. They did so from the very start and have not let up.
    He isn't fully supported in his own party. We know this is true. Must kill guys like Cruz who have to ride his coattails to win their Senate race.
    I think we can all agree that MSM and social media have been at his throat.

15. GahLee

If the elections were held today, he would crush them all. By 2020, that could change.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dipshit is a good one for Cruz

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This is [uck fay]ing ridiculous.

I don’t give a shit about the political theater.

If the only guy that can get elected over Trump is Avennati, then Trump needs to keep running the country. At least he has experience now.

justingroves and tvolsfan like this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d ask the same of you, but we already know the answer.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm pretty certain he's trolling with the Avenatti stuff. Hillary, I'm not so sure.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree that it’s a troll.

But he likes the show so much, I also think he’s wishcasting.