POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pure fantasy.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I do like the diversity I see entering the House.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fixed

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I laughed, I’ll give you that.

GahLee likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The fact that all these crazy old white biscuits are supposed to represent me and make decisions for our Country has always been an aggravation.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't mean to give the impression Trump is definitely going to lose in 2020, just countering the idea he will have it easy or easier than in 2016.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It really isn't.

8. GahLee

We elected a president Tuesday?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He was an unknown in 2016 in terms of his governing style. His positive going into 2020 is that we know what we will be getting with 4 more years. His negative is that we know what we will be getting with 4 more years.

tvolsfan and GahLee like this.
  10. GahLee

Whining? I've never said anything about absolute power. You're just making stuff up now.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The democrats will end up picking up about 35 seats. What wouldna wave had been?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Name some prominent democrats that support avenatti. Which senators trotted him out during the kavanaugh hearings?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whatever happened + 5.

14. GahLee

Nobody said it would be easy. Dems have a long way to go though. We know Trump is the front runner for the Republicans. I think we will see a lot of Dems fight for that spot. No clue who they decide to back.

15. Unimane

No, I said that's what you were essentially getting at since he had few impediments to crafting the type of laws he desires and you lamented even these minimal checks on his ability to get things done.

16. GahLee

They allowed that guy to run free. Hard to openly support a guy who is pushing gang rape narrative at a SCOTUS nominee. So how do you play it? You say nothing. Which is what they did.

17. Unimane

No, you said he would crush an election held today. We had elections on Tuesday, which was mostly a referendum on him, and Democrats made solid gains. He wouldn't win anything easily in this polarized environment.

18. Unimane

What power do they hold over him? He's a private citizen working a case for his client. They can't allow, or not allow, him to do anything.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Didn't the republicans pick up a total of 69 seats between the house and senate in Obama's first election (2010)? Dems will pick up a net gain of like 32 seats between the house and senate this election. With all the republicans that retired (I think twice as many republicans retired than democrats) that doesn't seem like a blue wave to me. It was a good win for the Democrats and a needed win to balance the power in congress but not sure it was some huge blue wave. jmo

20. GahLee

I'm not advocating for absolute power. That's crazy. You said little to no resistance. I refuted that.