POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Isn't that the origin of the SC flag, crescent moon, and scimitar stuff?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It really is kind of amazing all 13 of them somehow got in the same book to give it a shot. Still not on same page, but at least in the same book.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Trump is screwed

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

"All 13." We only talk about the 13 on the same page. The colonies now part of Canada are Canada because they weren't on our page

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If we're looking to 2020, then where the Senate elections are relevant, as well. 33 seats are up, with 12 of them Democratic seats and 21, likely, being Republican seats. It looks as if the Senate will be at 53-47 for Republicans after this election. Of the Democratic seats, surely, Alabama is gone. Other than that one, it will be unlikely for them to lose another seat, except perhaps Michigan and New Hampshire. Republicans may have about 4 potential losses in Colorado (likely), Iowa, North Carolina and Maine, plus, maybe, Arizona. My guess is that we end up at about 52-48 for the Republicans.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

It’s very difficult to be a moderate any more. It’s difficult to have identifications with both parties simultaneously. Difficult to do those things at the polls, in normal day to day conversations, even more difficult on this board. It’s as if liberals and conservatives just grab a big stick, twirl in a circle and hit everyone around them both friend and foe. Why should a centrist give a shit about politics any longer? Why should I help either party arm their idiots to continue the idiotic [uck fay]ery that looms certain? Uncle.

gcbvol likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Montana has this weird thing where they vote for Dem senators a lot

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Screw Canada

Volgrad98 likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

Found this map to be interesting.

[​IMG]

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Is that based on popular vote for each state in this years congressional races?

12. CardinalVol

Yup. Basically the electoral map if this were a Presidential election year.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

NY Times had a map recently that represented the states by population units rather than by area. It was similarly interesting.

This is a snapshot in time, though. 2 years is a lifetime, and there is nothing stopping Trump from rebounding in some way. Though I think part of the turn is a hangover on his very demeanor. If the economy is still growing, he's got a good shot. If it is waivering (like it was in a microscale way leading up to this year's election), he'll be vulnerable.

14. Unimane

Take away Florida, Iowa and Arizona and the Democrat still wins. It's why I note that any predictions of an easy Trump victory are not based on reality. The margins last time in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan were razor thin. He doesn't pull the same result there and he's got a really hard road to re-election. Plus, Wisconsin and Michigan just switched to Democratic governors. This doesn't mean he's done by any means, but the map is a challenge for him or any Republican, though they are helped by the nature of the Electoral College. It's going to be an interesting race.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

As long as TD is confident, I’m concerned.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

[​IMG]That’s pretty much the race. He has to win one of the three rust belts or there’s no realistic way to get to 270.

17. Unimane

TD's predictions are terrible. He's gotten one, though very notable, prediction right in the time I've been on the site. He enjoys stirring the pot and making outlandish predictions, ones that reflect his political desires. One was bound to be right. He said this election would weild a +5 Democrat advantage, too.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

God, imagine if he takes Wisconsin and it comes down to Arizona

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Interestingly enough, if he wins both Wisconsin and Arizona, that only gets him to 269, assuming wins in Fla and NC. That means he’d have to win the Maine second congressional district to get to 270.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'll be damned. Good call