Oh, Lane

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 9, 2018.

1. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

It's because he stupidly thought he could win big at USC despite debilitating scholarship reductions. All of us would have been better off had he stayed at UT. He didn't start doing stuff like this until he went to FAU, and just stopped caring apparently.

He'll get a P5 job not this year but probably the next. He's a good coach. He took a 3-9 team and made them 9-3. He's taken a step back this from last year's success, but it's actually probably about where he should be with the team. They'll end up 6-6 likely. If he can pull an 8-4 or 9-3 next season, he'll get snatched up.

2. clownbaby

There's very little about Lane Kiffin I would consider Butchesque.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Butch is a clown, no offense, and Kiffin is as well.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The AD lied to him. Lane was assured it would be a few scholarships at most.

If Auburn comes open, they'll attempt to hire him. I'm not sure Lane wants to leave FAU.

Louisville taking a swing at him this year wouldn't surprise me either.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kiffin took a shot on Twitter nearly a decade after he left UT and you're getting worked up about it. I would go easy on the 16 year old girl comparisons.

6. clownbaby

If Louisville doesn't get Jeff Brohm I think they are in bad shape for the foreseeable future. But if they do swing and miss at Brohm, maybe they go Kffin, but after Petrino I can see them going for more of a "family guy".

Agreed on Auburn.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not worked up at all. People that love kiffin are worked up defending him.
    What other college or pro coaches tweet the stuff he does? Its quite often immature.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it would be a mistake for Kiffin to go to Louisville at this point. If he wants a big time job (bigger than Louisville), then he should show that he is looking to build something.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

A lot of his tweets are about God and Jesus these days, Smiff.

justingroves likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fulmer and his former staff take swipes at him semi-regularly, so that goes both ways.

And the tweets are exactly why most of us still give 1% of a crap about him. He's about the only coach on Twitter that actually posts anything of interest.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fulmer and his former staff aren’t currently in the job market.

Lane has to know better than this, and that he doesn’t - still, even now - is only proof that he hasn’t learned very much at all.

He’s not so good at coaching to be this consistently dumb at everything else.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't disagree with you. Him hurting his own job prospects just doesn't really matter to me.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It’s also the reason why FAU gets any glimmer of recognition. He knows what he’s doing. Same type of shit he did in his PC here to get people talking.

RockyHill and IP like this.
  14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We all know this. Doesn't change the fact he left us high and dry.

15. GahLee

While completely [uck fay]ing us. Both can be true.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I dont blame Kiffin for any of our downfalls. All on the admin. IMO

17. GahLee

Just saying, while we are talking about lows...getting fired on a tarmac is up there. Don't care who the AD is or who was hired afterwards.

18. GahLee

He gets his fair share of blame from me. He wasn't the root of the problem but he sure as [uck fay] helped push us over the cliff.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Meh

kmf600, NYY and justingroves like this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Plenty of programs have been left higher and dryer and bounced back very quickly. A decade of mismanagement is why we're in November unsure if we'll beat a 4 win Vandy team.

warhammer and BigOrangeBeech like this.