Oh, Lane

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Oh and by the way, [uck fay] Gruden too.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I would have liked Gruden, but didnt think he ever wanted to follow ncaa rules, restricted practice hours, and mainly recruiting/texting/daily calls, along with the other bs head college coaches have to do. Thats always been my stance on Gruden and imo, was what kept him away, while others blamed the AD for not enough money or whatever.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So. Given the choice between Butch Jones or Jon Gruden, you’d pick Butch to be UT’s head coach.

4. Ssmiff

You say I posted that. I dont believe i did. I just never thought Gruden was coming, but I was asking everyone I could about Gruden the first time around and was about as excited as I was when Kiffin was hired. Absolutely would have taken Gruden then because I had to google Butch, hadny heard if him and never seen his team play, and figured at the time kids would flock to Gruden without him trying.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hola

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You also specifically said Gruden couldn’t recruit better than Butch.

7. Ssmiff

Looks like i was fired up about the start of the season and cant recall why or who we played.
    And I still dont think Gruden ever wanted to put in the time to recruit

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was before Butch had ever coached a game.

You just said kids would flock to Gruden. Like five minutes ago.

9. Ssmiff

Then why do I mention couldnt be off to a better start? Recruiting news? Serious question. Feels like a decade ago.
    And again when grudens name first came up, everybody talked about top recruits looking at UT due to his name. It takes more than a name and no way in my mind he was going to text kids daily as part of the process.

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Kiffin didn’t hire Dooley or Butch. Kiffin didn’t decide not to retain Kippy Brown for a season.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Was totally unaware.

12. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Exactly. I was trying to help you.