TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was on the Chris Hatcher train

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Let’s just get Paul Johnson in here.

If we’re not gonna win any championships, we can at least start putting some Alabama and Florida knees in the trophy cases.

NYY, **TDCVOL**, TangoUniform and 3 others like this.
  3. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Has Sark’s name been mentioned? He’s probably on his way out of Atlanta and he was on staff at Bama for a year with Pruitt.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hell, they're about to get the drinking team back together.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Whomever is hired, it needs to be worth this wait.

Butthole, tvolsfan and VolDad like this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It is not a positive thing to be without an OC at this point. Everyone is an armchair QB, but spending the whole season knowing you will need an OC and being here...not good.

Say what you will, but we are absolutely consistent in our dysfunctional football coaching hires. However it turns out, this a bungle. Act like you know what the hell you are doing.

Fact: I had an employee work their last day Friday. I had their replacement start on Monday.

Not impressed at all. Sure, he can change my mind, but kind of like a first date with B.O. and a booger dangling out of their nose can.

Butthole likes this.
  7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I just assume it’s an NFL guy or a playoff guy at this point. Nothing else really makes sense, aside from this being Tennessee.

Dalekanium likes this.
  8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You’re not impressed at all with the dude who started yesterday?

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Nothing else makes any sense.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That seems borderline impossible.*

I think Yurcich would be a better hire than it would be recognized as throughout the majority of the fan base.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Streeter.

Final answer.

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am going to dismiss this question as a failed attempt at humor. Pretty sure you got my point.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Until Briles is announced officially as FSU’s OC I’m going to assume he’s still in play with us.

Butthole, reVOLt and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It’s Tennessee. It will be someone the head coach is “comfortable” with. Unfortunately, that’s usually code for mediocre.

Butthole and Tar Volon like this.
  15. Savage Orange

With ddiapos and Lyle I could see that but Pruitt seems different. I’m pissed at the Vandy loss and all but I don’t doubt Pruitt’s desire to win. If being “uncomfortable” is what it takes then I would hope he’d be smart enough to endure some discomfort in the name of winning games. If he’s not, then it’s time to go ahead and get the next shitshow of a coaching search lined up in two or three years...

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I will reserve judgment until an actual hire is made. But the longer it does go, and he makes a crappy hire, the judgement becomes even more harsh.

Okibi2112, utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  17. Savage Orange

B5FB7B5E-428E-4835-8543-DF3CADBFEFF8.jpeg Tennessee coaching searches in a single photo...

kmf600 likes this.
  18. Savage Orange

And it seems like the longer it drags out, the more likely it is that a crappy hire will be forthcoming. I hope I’m wrong... I hope that they’re just hammering out details with Briles and that’s what the holdup is. Like I said earlier... until Briles is announced somewhere else (or that he’s staying put in Houston) he’s still up for grabs.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What about Canada?

20. Savage Orange

I haven’t heard his name attached to the Tennessee (or anybody else’s, for that matter...) search.