POLITICS Border Wall / Gub-mint Shutdown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Dec 11, 2018.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not just young. Toddlers.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

They aren’t white. Duh.

3. JayVols

You guys are so repressed....

SAD!

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Could someone translate, please?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As someone said in the comments, the gravity pulls south, so we need a wall to catch the Americans we are losing to Mexico each year.

But in all seriousness, he probably meant to add "to opiods" or "to fentanyl" after "a week". But the next line, which might be true or not, is followed by an out and out lie, because the Wall would not drastically reduce this. Most of the drugs come through legal ports of entry (crossing the border in trucks on the highways or by ships).

I mean, the wall would not stop the large shipment of fentanyl that was intercepted in Philly this week.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As this thread implied; we need a Wall to block all the white men from running down south to rape those migrant travelers.

warhammer, Tenacious D and NYY like this.
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

#MeTooGangRapists

8. JayVols

As a Melungeon, I agree that white guys need stopping....

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1. I wish they had unplugged the friggin IRS notice computers too during this. Sheesh.

2. Here's what I don't get. He's had 2 years with a GOP Congress to make this happen. There were mixed views on it, I get, but there could have been some type of resolution he could have lived with. Instead, he waits until the last minute before the Dems take control and makes it a huge issue. Ok, it's a wedge/political issue. I get it. The timing still doesn't make sense. Why now? Elections are 21 months out. 100,000 things will happen between now and then to drive everything up and down. Does the man just get off on pissing contests? I have no idea. This just doesn't make a lick of sense as to why now it's an issue.

And we can debate until we are blue in the face about what the government should and shouldn't do, but that's not the issue here. Better or worse, there are services the government does that are major parts of the system. This thing goes on much longer and so you going to start seeing some major cracks. And I can promise him if this leads us into a major financial mess that he's going to regret in in 2020 no matter what his advisers and pollsters are telling him.

tvolsfan and JayVols like this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Implied? I think you mean “succinctly stated through direct quote.”

JayVols likes this.
  11. fl0at_

Regret requires awareness beyond one’s self. He won’t regret crap.

His voters, though...

12. NorrisAlan

He had pen in hand to sign a temporary spending bill until he turned on the TV and saw Limbaugh and others yelling that he is caving in. He is an ego driven narcissist and just needs windmills to tilt against. It is all he has. That is it.

He thrives when he is fighting something, whether real or imagined.

JayVols likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fair.

He will be stung with a loss that he'll try to spin his way as a win.

14. NorrisAlan

It is easy for him. NOTHING is his fault. It is why he is so susceptible to conspiracy theories.

15. fl0at_

I believe the probability of him declaring a national emergency is increasing daily.

Then he can get his “win.” It’ll get challenged but he doesn’t care. Hell, it’ll give him months of “courts and democrats are stopping it,” and gets the government open “which only I did when nobody was willing to talk. I just took it off the table.”

16. NorrisAlan

This is 100% what is going to happen.

What is interesting is to see how many of his base won't see the autocratic tendencies this tactic has.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I assume that your "Likes" to that implication by Jay, Dooz, and Emain indicate they agree with you.

18. JayVols

Spot on.

Bravo.

19. JayVols

Fair.

20. fl0at_

I think deep down the hope is that future presidents will be responsible adults.

JayVols likes this.